For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
absentandy's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, August 27th, 2012 9:42 PM

DNS Propagation

Hello,

I have created a new domain about two days ago. DNS has propagated to everyone but AT&T. My iPhone will not resolve it connected to AT&T 3G, but as soon as I connect it to wifi, it works just fine. I've already tried resetting the network. I've verified that it works on other mobile devices on other carriers. I've also verified that on mobile devices on AT&T's network it's still an issue. Is AT&T DNS slow to propagate? Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

12 years ago

@absentandy wrote:

Hello,

I have created a new domain about two days ago. DNS has propagated to everyone but AT&T. My iPhone will not resolve it connected to AT&T 3G, but as soon as I connect it to wifi, it works just fine. I've already tried resetting the network. I've verified that it works on other mobile devices on other carriers. I've also verified that on mobile devices on AT&T's network it's still an issue. Is AT&T DNS slow to propagate? Thanks!

have seen full dns propagate take up to 72 hours or longer for it to hit all the servers, a little longer if companies run private dns responders

your wifi is using a different set of dns responders

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

This is correct. It JUST started working. I've learned that ATT replaces all TTL with 72 hours, which is rediculous - but I guess that's life. Note to everyone else, if you make DNS changes where your clients depend on it - do it on the weekend!

-UltraSPARC

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

12 years ago

@absentandy wrote:

This is correct. It JUST started working. I've learned that ATT replaces all TTL with 72 hours, which is rediculous - but I guess that's life. Note to everyone else, if you make DNS changes where your clients depend on it - do it on the weekend!

-UltraSPARC

have seen dns responders that have a lot higher ttl then 72 hours

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.