Need your talk or text logs?
Dcookie's profile

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

Monday, August 8th, 2011 10:46 PM

DELETED text messages showing back on phone????

My sister recently switched cell phones and is using one borrowed from a friend. As of 2 days ago, a few text messages, from December and January,  that she deleted MONTHS ago have suddenly reappeared on the cell she is now using!! I thought maybe they were saved to her SIM card somehow IF her inbox/outbox were full but she insists that she NEVER let it get full in the first place. How else could this have happened??? Any ideas?? Smiley Indifferent

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

13 years ago

Hi D. Well, sis must have had them on the SIM cuz she's using a different phone and messages are deleted from the AT&T server after 72 hrs, so they (AT&T) didn't resend them. It's very possible that she thought she deleted them but they were still on the sim? Just saying.....Not that I know your family or anything......hehehehe

Guru

• 

3K Messages

13 years ago

I'd always thought that once texts were deleted they were permanantly deleted. But I think I remember reading somewhere that some carriers keep them in their system for days so that might have something to do with it. Or maybe the recipient of those texts never deleted them and maybe accidentally sent them back.

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

13 years ago

I always thought after they were deleted from the phone, they were gone forever, too!! I do believe some carriers have them in their systems for a limited amount of time but just don't understand how they could have reappeared again. I guess it's a mystery... Smiley Surprised

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

13 years ago

they are deleted for good. this is a glitch in the phone most likely where it didn't actual delete them

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

13 years ago

But this is a totally different phone. They were not saved to her sim care at all. So wouldn't they be saved to her OLD phone?

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

13 years ago

Hi Ghostie! 🙂 That is ALL I can think of...and that's what I told her but she swears she deleted them. Oh well...I'm sure they're gone now anyway. Thanks! 🙂

Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

13 years ago

Your welcome.

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

13 years ago

Smiley Wink

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.