Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 8, 2011
3:46:17 PM
View profile
DELETED text messages showing back on phone????

My sister recently switched cell phones and is using one borrowed from a friend. As of 2 days ago, a few text messages, from December and January,  that she deleted MONTHS ago have suddenly reappeared on the cell she is now using!! I thought maybe they were saved to her SIM card somehow IF her inbox/outbox were full but she insists that she NEVER let it get full in the first place. How else could this have happened??? Any ideas?? Smiley Indifferent

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

My sister recently switched cell phones and is using one borrowed from a friend. As of 2 days ago, a few text messages, from December and January,  that she deleted MONTHS ago have suddenly reappeared on the cell she is now using!! I thought maybe they were saved to her SIM card somehow IF her inbox/outbox were full but she insists that she NEVER let it get full in the first place. How else could this have happened??? Any ideas?? Smiley Indifferent

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Aug 10, 2011 2:00:58 PM
(0)
Professor

Hi D. Well, sis must have had them on the SIM cuz she's using a different phone and messages are deleted from the AT&T server after 72 hrs, so they (AT&T) didn't resend them. It's very possible that she thought she deleted them but they were still on the sim? Just saying.....Not that I know your family or anything......hehehehe

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zombie Hunter Mission Statement

Exterminate the living dead and keep our fellow citizens alive and safe. We will be connecting with our fellow businesses, the police department, funeral home, and weapon manufacturers to help map out, and exterminate the pesky living dead from our community.

~~~Seth Mendenhall
Accepted Solution

DELETED text messages showing back on phone????

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 9, 2011 10:04:40 PM
(0)
Guru

I'd always thought that once texts were deleted they were permanantly deleted. But I think I remember reading somewhere that some carriers keep them in their system for days so that might have something to do with it. Or maybe the recipient of those texts never deleted them and maybe accidentally sent them back.

I'd always thought that once texts were deleted they were permanantly deleted. But I think I remember reading somewhere that some carriers keep them in their system for days so that might have something to do with it. Or maybe the recipient of those texts never deleted them and maybe accidentally sent them back.

Re: DELETED text messages showing back on phone????

2 of 9 (4,520 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 10, 2011 4:55:00 AM
(0)
Expert

I always thought after they were deleted from the phone, they were gone forever, too!! I do believe some carriers have them in their systems for a limited amount of time but just don't understand how they could have reappeared again. I guess it's a mystery... Smiley Surprised

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

I always thought after they were deleted from the phone, they were gone forever, too!! I do believe some carriers have them in their systems for a limited amount of time but just don't understand how they could have reappeared again. I guess it's a mystery... Smiley Surprised

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

3 of 9 (4,515 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 10, 2011 10:02:58 AM
(0)
Employee
they are deleted for good. this is a glitch in the phone most likely where it didn't actual delete them
they are deleted for good. this is a glitch in the phone most likely where it didn't actual delete them
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 9 (4,508 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 10, 2011 12:46:58 PM
(0)
Expert
But this is a totally different phone. They were not saved to her sim care at all. So wouldn't they be saved to her OLD phone?

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

But this is a totally different phone. They were not saved to her sim care at all. So wouldn't they be saved to her OLD phone?

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

5 of 9 (4,500 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Aug 10, 2011 2:00:58 PM
(0)
Professor

Hi D. Well, sis must have had them on the SIM cuz she's using a different phone and messages are deleted from the AT&T server after 72 hrs, so they (AT&T) didn't resend them. It's very possible that she thought she deleted them but they were still on the sim? Just saying.....Not that I know your family or anything......hehehehe

Exterminate the living dead and keep our fellow citizens alive and safe. We will be connecting with our fellow businesses, the police department, funeral home, and weapon manufacturers to help map out, and exterminate the pesky living dead from our community.

~~~Seth Mendenhall

~~~Seth Mendenhall

6 of 9 (4,495 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 10, 2011 7:17:51 PM
(0)
Expert

Hi Ghostie! Smiley Happy That is ALL I can think of...and that's what I told her but she swears she deleted them. Oh well...I'm sure they're gone now anyway. Thanks! Smiley Happy

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Hi Ghostie! Smiley Happy That is ALL I can think of...and that's what I told her but she swears she deleted them. Oh well...I'm sure they're gone now anyway. Thanks! Smiley Happy

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

7 of 9 (4,482 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 10, 2011 7:18:46 PM
(0)
Professor

Your welcome.

~~~Seth Mendenhall

Your welcome.

~~~Seth Mendenhall

8 of 9 (4,480 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 10, 2011 7:20:46 PM
(0)
Expert

Smiley Wink

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Smiley Wink

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

9 of 9 (4,477 Views)