For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
DunnoxD's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, January 12th, 2009 9:54 PM

Closed

Confusion xD

Alrighty so I got a phone for my birthday, which was yesterday =D. And so at school today I was on AIM and my friend asked me if I knew if I have to pay for it. Soo that totally freaked me out. I don't want to have Data charges on the bill =P. I have the 200 messaging plan. But are there data charges for signing in to the Instant Messengers? I've read other threads concerning this, but I not really clear on the whole "third party" thing. I got the LG Shine so when I signed on to AIM it was through messaging and then "IM". So I guess the question is will there be Data charges on the bill? Thanks in advance ^^
Message Edited by DunnoxD on 01-12-2009 02:45:24 PM

Accepted Solution

Master

• 

1.7K Messages

15 years ago

The IM software included with AT&T branded phones uses text instead of data.  So as long as your phone is AT&T branded, you should be ok since you have the 200 messaging plan.  Be aware that each IM message in and out counts against the 200.  So you'll stil probably need to be careful about going over if you IM a lot.

If you installed some other IM program, then that very likely will use data.  So only use the AT&T included IM program if you don't get a data plan.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

15 years ago

Okay thanks a bunch 😃
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.