Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Cannot send or receive MMS messages

Contributor

Cannot send or receive MMS messages

I have an LG Shine. Recently, I got the unlimited messages feature. When I first got my phone, I told them to make it so my phone could not go on the internet so I wouldn't accidentally buy a ringtone or something like that. Now, I cannot send or receive MMS messages. When I try to send one it says "Service Unavailable" even when I have full 3G service.  When I recieve one, I click "Get", but once again it says "Service Unavailiable". How can I make it so I can send/download MMS messages?
Message 1 of 5
Master
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by lukenessmonster
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Cannot send or receive MMS messages

Since you had the data blocked (WIX block) on your phone you will not be able to use MMS until you have data added back via pay-per-KB or with a data plan.  MMS uses data to send/receive the image/video.  If your worried about things getting charged to your abboutn you can ask for a Purchase block added to the line.  However that doesn't prevent you from accidentally connecting to the internet and getting charged for data used.  So if you do have the WIX block removed be sure on how you are using your phone and what programs you run to prevent them from initiating a connection.
Message 2 of 5
Contributor

Great, now how do I go back to Pay Per KB?

Message Edited by lukenessmonster on 11-27-2008 04:11:13 PM
Message 3 of 5
Master

You have to call customer service and have them re-enable it on your account.
Message 4 of 5
Contributor

Thank you! I will call tomorrow, because AT&T's call centers are closed because of Thanksgiving!
Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
NEW - Take a look at our best value & price ever for unlimited wireless - AT&T Unlimited Starter and AT&T Unlimited Extra plans!

Additional Support