Need your talk or text logs?
kiwiwu's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, September 15th, 2011 5:07 AM

Can't send or receive MMS messages

My family recently switched to ATT&T and we got the 700 min. W/ unlimited messaging + unlimited calling to any mobiles. Whenever I try to open a picture message I get an error message that says "Retrieving failed Define network settings" and whenever I try sending a picture message, it would say "Set connection for sending MMS". I'm not sure whether it's the fact I didn't buy the internet plan or something is blocked. Can someone please help me? My cell phone is a Samsung Wave 533, which isn't provided by ATT&T.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

13 years ago

You are going to need the settings for Media Net in order to use the internet, I assume, since your phone is not from ATT. I would try contacting CC at 1-800-331-0500. 

It also seems that it IS a Smartphone which will require either a $15 or $25 data plan, IF you are able get the correct MMS settings for your phone.

Guru

• 

507 Messages

13 years ago

@Dcookie wrote:

You are going to need the settings for Media Net in order to use the internet, I assume, since your phone is not from ATT. I would try contacting CC at 1-800-331-0500. 

It also seems that it IS a Smartphone which will require either a $15 or $25 data plan, IF you are able get the correct MMS settings for your phone.

Correct! it needs to be updated to their system, the phone you are using and the settings or features of your phone

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.