Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Can't send Advanced messaging in group text

Contributor

Can't send Advanced messaging in group text

I can send pictures, memes, etc., but I can send actual text in any advanced messaging group. The message keeps falling. My other group texts are fine, SMS, mms. Only failing when message type is advanced messaging.

Message 1 of 7
ACE - Sage
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Sage (ACE - Sage)
Accepted by lizdance40
‎05-08-2019 2:04 PM

Re: Can't send Advanced messaging in group text

Advanced messages are carrier specific.  So you can’t send to non At&t phones.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 7
Contributor

So one person isn't an at&t customer. That's keeping everyone from receiving my texts,  but everyone can get gifts, memes and pictures? 

Message 3 of 7
Tutor

I am having the same issue and your response can't be true at all, considering this just started happening to me yesterday out of the blue. 

Message 4 of 7
ACE - Professor

@lizdance40 is correct. It says quite clearly on AT&T's website. "To enjoy the benefits of Advanced Messaging, you and the person you’re messaging will need AT&T Advanced Messaging-capable devices." Also: "You can send group Advanced Messages as long as all participants meet the requirements for Advanced Messaging."

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 7
Tutor

If that's the case, why was it working fine just a few days ago? I understand your "solution" but based on the timing, that conclusion doesn't make sense. 

Message 6 of 7
Contributor

THANK YOU! My friend wasn't an at&t customer before I had this issue, but our group messages were advanced messaging. There is a problem with advanced messaging.

Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support