For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
tkrk629's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, October 25th, 2008 3:44 AM

Closed

Can't receive text

Up until this past Saturday I have received texts with no problem.  Then on Saturday I started to receive texts sometimes.  Now I can't receive texts from certain numbers.  I went to the AT&T store and they were able to send me a text so they said everything was fine.  I'm wondering if because I can receive texts from AT&T customers and the number that I can't receive texts from any longer is not an AT&T customer, that has something to do with it.  How do I fix this?  It's causing alot of grief.  Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

15 years ago

Have you tried turning your phone off for a few moments and then turn it back on?  It's possible that forcing it to re-establish a new connection to the network may resolve the problem. 

If not, contact customer service tomorrow (1-800-331-0500) from a phone other than your wireless device - there could be an issue with the routing for your SMS service to your account/within the network.

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

15 years ago

Is the person you are trying to text with Verizon?  See the other threads here about that.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

15 years ago

Samish! I'm an avid texter, but a couple weeks ago I went about 24 hours receiving no texts. It was very strange and I just thought people were slow to reply, etc. Then I plugged my phone in and over the course of 5 minutes, my phone receive the 15 texts I had missed. Now, the last two, or even three days I have received no texts, but this time I know that people have attempted to send them. I've plugged in my phone, etc. and still nothing. I can send them and people seem to receive to just fine, but I can't get them myself. The same last time, I was sending by not receiving.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

15 years ago

I had turned my phone on and off several times thinking the same thing.  But it didn't work.  Then it dawned on me that it anyone with ATT could text me, but anyone else with a different carrier couldn't.  I called customer service and they checked my number.  They told me that because I had come over from a different carrier recently it took about 3 weeks for all of the servers to re-port my number to the AT&T number and that one server didn't go through correctly. It took them 3 minutes to re-port it and now everything is fine.  Thanks for all your help.

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

15 years ago

Glad CS was able to get it taken care of for you. 🙂

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.