Need your talk or text logs?
bobbyboulders28's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, August 29th, 2014 4:15 PM

Can't Use My Data With My New Phone. Why?

I am on my mother's contract as a family line. She gets 10gb of data per month, as far as I know. I had bought an Avail 2 Go Phone recently, with it's own monthly plan (talk and data). Once I got the SIM for the line she had added for me on her own plan, I quit using the SIM I had gotten with the Avail phone. When I put the contract SIM into the Avail, I could use the data. She then gave me a Windows phone that she wasn't using any longer. So I put the contract SIM into this phone and can no longer use the data. Switched same SIM back to Avail and can still use the data in that phone.

What gives? That Avail phone is terrible, very staticy, weak signal. But being able to use what we pay for is a big plus. Why is that so, though? Why can data be used on the Go Phone and not the contract phone? It really makes no sense...

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Ok, are there not moderators that are knowledgeable about these things, or should I just call customer service?

ANYBODY? I'd really like to not have to use this crappy Go Phone... Worst phone I've ever had, and it was the first smart phone I ever had. I liked my old Samsung flip phone better. I don't get why I'd be able to switch the SIM and still have calls and texts but no data. Doesn't make sense.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hi @bobbyboulders28 

Different models, especially different operating systems, might require their own provisioning on the back end. If you're an authorized used on this account, you'll need to contact customer care to have them update your device IMEI number and make sure your line has the right data feature.

The number is 1-800-331-0500. You will want to call from a different number as your line might need to be reset.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Thank you, sir. Your advice is appreciated.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.