Helpful Links

Can receive texts but cannot send...WHY??

Expert

Can receive texts but cannot send...WHY??

Posting this for a friend. She has a Sony Ericcson Z750, I believe. As of today, she can receive texts but cannot send any. She cleared out her inbox and outbox and has power cycled her phone. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

TIA!!

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 1 of 8

Re: Can receive texts but cannot send...WHY??

Did she take her sim card from one phone and put it into the other without calling AT&T and updating the IMEI? I ask because the text issue that you mention is the most common problem with just doing a sim swap without letting us change the IMEI.

As an AT&T employee, the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinion.
Message 2 of 8
Expert

No she has not changed sim cards at all. It just stopped all of a sudden. She can receive but that's all.

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 3 of 8

Dcookie wrote:
No she has not changed sim cards at all. It just stopped all of a sudden. She can receive but that's all.

Hmm, strange. Have her call AT&T and have them do an OTA update and then power cycle. Have her call from a different phone so that the tech can assure it is working.

As an AT&T employee, the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinion.
Message 4 of 8
Expert

Ok, will do. I'll post back as to how she makes out but it may not be til tomorrow. Thanks! Smiley Happy

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 5 of 8

Dcookie wrote:
Ok, will do. I'll post back as to how she makes out but it may not be til tomorrow. Thanks! Smiley Happy

Sounds good. Im curious as to what is causing it.

Message 6 of 8
Expert

Mightyjeeper, just wanted to let you know that my friend's phone problem has been resolved. I called for her, told Paul at tech support what you suggested about the OTA , and it worked. He refreshed whatever he needed to refresh and all is good and back to normal now. Thank you so much! Smiley Happy

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 7 of 8

Dcookie wrote:
Mightyjeeper, just wanted to let you know that my friend's phone problem has been resolved. I called for her, told Paul at tech support what you suggested about the OTA , and it worked. He refreshed whatever he needed to refresh and all is good and back to normal now. Thank you so much! Smiley Happy

Your welcome. Glad I could help.

Message 8 of 8
Share this topic
Announcements

iPhone 8 and 8 Plus is Here! Learn What’s New and How to Order

The Apple Watch Series 3 is Here! Learn how to have the freedom to go with just your watch!

The iPhone X (10) is on it's way!

Additional Support