Ask a question

Posted Mar 21, 2011
    2:11:41 PM
    View profile
    Can my parents read my text messages?

I was wondering if my parents could read my text messages online or any other way without physically looking at my phone. Could any replies please also include additional information about the process my parents would procure this information? That would be greatly appreciated.

(0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Solved
    Mar 21, 2011 3:25:02 PM
    (0)
    Master

No they cannot.  Only the time/date, from/to and type are listed.  Not the actual contents.

They would have to take your phone to read the contents.

Now for the parents reading this.  I would suggest is if you ask to see the phone and your refused or all the messages are deleted to prevent them from being inspected you have two choices.  Accept not being able to read them or call ATT and have a messaging block be placed on the line to prevent messaging completely.  Then there can be nothing to hide.

Accepted Solution

Can my parents read my text messages?

5 replies
    (0) Me too
    (0) Me too
    View all replies
    (5)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Solved
    Mar 21, 2011 3:25:02 PM
    (0)
    Master

No they cannot.  Only the time/date, from/to and type are listed.  Not the actual contents.

They would have to take your phone to read the contents.

Now for the parents reading this.  I would suggest is if you ask to see the phone and your refused or all the messages are deleted to prevent them from being inspected you have two choices.  Accept not being able to read them or call ATT and have a messaging block be placed on the line to prevent messaging completely.  Then there can be nothing to hide.

Re: Can my parents read my text messages?

2 of 6 (128,664 Views)
    Solution
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Mar 21, 2011 4:10:09 PM
    (0)
    Contributor

Thanks a lot Planet Ed!

3 of 6 (128,645 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    May 6, 2011 12:43:12 PM
    (0)
    Contributor

Wait, so they can see the time and date I sent them? Is there I way I can get into the account data and delete them?

4 of 6 (126,547 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    May 6, 2011 1:58:15 PM
    (0)
    Expert

presh05 wrote:

Wait, so they can see the time and date I sent them? Is there I way I can get into the account data and delete them?

no

5 of 6 (126,541 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 6, 2015 7:47:15 PM
    (0)
    Tutor

They may not be able to log onto AT&T to read your texts. HOWEVER,  If they gain access to your iPhone, THEY CAN!  Even with the texts turned off so they dont show while your phone is locked, All someone has to do is ask SIRI to read messages AND SHE WILL! So turn OFF SIRI to keep those text private!

6 of 6 (8,467 Views)