Need your talk or text logs?
oxzul's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, March 21st, 2011 9:11 PM

Can my parents read my text messages?

I was wondering if my parents could read my text messages online or any other way without physically looking at my phone. Could any replies please also include additional information about the process my parents would procure this information? That would be greatly appreciated.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

@Kittylove Your mom can not any text content from your provider. The only thing she can get, presuming you are on her plan, is the date, time and number of who sent you or received your texts. ATT does not save any text content. As for the nasty message, once it is deleted, it's gone. 

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

7 years ago

Oh man, I wish the internet was available back in my day. I would be making this same kind of post.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Ok help me i'm on someone's family share plan and people are telling me that they can read my text messages and they can also GPS every location even know my GPS is off my location is off and find my iPhone is off is this true as the account holder what all can they do on a family share plan

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

@lanishacarr There is no way for anyone to track you or read your messages through the ATT account. If you really have GPS and find my iPhone turned off, I suspect whoever is telling you they are tracking you is lieing. Either that or they "track" you through other means such as Facebook posts, etc. As for texts, they could be getting your iMessages or texts if text forwarding is turned on or you all use the same Apple ID. Just turn iMessage off to prevent that.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Thank you I feel better I just truned Imessaging off thank u

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Hi I wanted to know if my parents can see my text messages time/date on Snapchat or any other social media if I have deleted the app??

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Actually there are ways your parents can spy on your messages. There are apps for that and if your parents don't tell you, they sometimes go unnoticed. For instance, There is an app called kidsguard that gives your parents access to photos, chats history to the different messaging apps, location and others.

This is an article I found:

https://www.kidguard.com/resources/guides/spy-on-text-messages/

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

My dad was drunk last night and said that using the AT&T family map thing he got a copy of every single one of my texts i send/receive on imessage, every Instagram direct message, and even snapchat interactions even if anyone of them are deleted. He also said he had access to any photo i sent through one of those platforms even if they where deleted also. I'm pretty sure he is bluffing to scare me but i just want to know for privacy reasons

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.