Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Nov 1, 2013
4:45:53 PM
Can my husband read my deleted texts online?

Christmas is coming & im working with his mom to get him gifts. My question is, we are on a family plan. Can he log into att.com & READ our messages? Or will it only show that ive been talking to his mom & what times i have been messaging her?

Thanks!!!

Christmas is coming & im working with his mom to get him gifts. My question is, we are on a family plan. Can he log into att.com & READ our messages? Or will it only show that ive been talking to his mom & what times i have been messaging her?

Thanks!!!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 2, 2015 1:24:02 PM
(0)
Community Manager

That's right, AT&T doesn't store any contents of your text messages, only dates, times and phone numbers involved.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

Can my husband read my deleted texts online?

26 replies
(3) Me too
(3) Me too
View all replies
(26)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 1, 2013 7:19:07 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

No, the texts can't be read online.

stephanygoodwin11 wrote:

Thanks!!!

No, the texts can't be read online.

stephanygoodwin11 wrote:

Thanks!!!

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Can my husband read my deleted texts online?

2 of 27 (217,055 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 2, 2013 12:01:16 PM
(0)
Tutor

thank you! i appreciate it! im sure he'll be asking why ive been talking to his mom so much if he logs in to snoop!

thank you! i appreciate it! im sure he'll be asking why ive been talking to his mom so much if he logs in to snoop!

3 of 27 (217,002 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 13, 2013 12:18:05 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by ATTDmitriyCM on Nov 14, 2013 at 11:46:39 AM

[Please keep it courteous] He can check bill and see text log..just an FYI

[ Edited ]
4 of 27 (216,521 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 14, 2013 12:07:15 PM
(0)
Professor

rsoaker27 wrote:

Only the numbers that texts have been sent to or received from. The content of those messages cannot be viewed.

rsoaker27 wrote:

Only the numbers that texts have been sent to or received from. The content of those messages cannot be viewed.

5 of 27 (216,443 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2014 7:26:45 PM
(0)
Contributor

Is there a way to get a copy of those txt messages online if you need them? I want to try to get a copy of my msgs to put in a book...can i do that?

Is there a way to get a copy of those txt messages online if you need them? I want to try to get a copy of my msgs to put in a book...can i do that?

6 of 27 (210,009 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2014 8:29:51 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Aramin wrote:

There's no way to get a hold of regular SMS/MMS online. Google Voice messages are available in your Google Voice account. Don't know about iMessage messages, but it's possible they're available online as well.

Aramin wrote:

There's no way to get a hold of regular SMS/MMS online. Google Voice messages are available in your Google Voice account. Don't know about iMessage messages, but it's possible they're available online as well.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

7 of 27 (209,939 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2014 9:05:31 AM
(0)
Expert

dmapr wrote:

Aramin wrote:

Imessages are not viewable unless both devices utilize the same itunes account, then each message sent to apple devices will be replicated on both the devices at the same time, used to do that when I had both a iphone and a ipad

dmapr wrote:

Aramin wrote:

Imessages are not viewable unless both devices utilize the same itunes account, then each message sent to apple devices will be replicated on both the devices at the same time, used to do that when I had both a iphone and a ipad

8 of 27 (209,932 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 25, 2014 2:36:47 AM
(0)
Teacher

that is if you have Online storage for SMS  then yes acount holders can log on at&t website and view messages

that is if you have Online storage for SMS  then yes acount holders can log on at&t website and view messages

9 of 27 (207,465 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 23, 2014 5:30:15 PM
(0)
Contributor
Is it possible for them to go up to an att store and ask for a copy of the message history of they are in a linked account
Is it possible for them to go up to an att store and ask for a copy of the message history of they are in a linked account

Is it possible for them to go up to an att store and ask...

10 of 27 (166,877 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 23, 2014 5:38:29 PM
(0)
Tutor
Messages actually can be viewed only IF you have at&t messages on your phone and he has the login information for it.
Messages actually can be viewed only IF you have at&t messages on your phone and he has the login information for it.

11 of 27 (166,864 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 23, 2014 5:40:35 PM
(0)
Contributor
What do you mean by att messages

12 of 27 (166,856 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 23, 2014 10:41:34 PM
(0)
Teacher

The AT&T Messages App on android 

i dont think its available on Apple IOS

http://www.att.com/shop/apps/att-messages.html?source=IAMS2500000000ZCU#fbid=6Zi75-WX90Z

you access the messages from both the app and from the website

The AT&T Messages App on android 

i dont think its available on Apple IOS

http://www.att.com/shop/apps/att-messages.html?source=IAMS2500000000ZCU#fbid=6Zi75-WX90Z

you access the messages from both the app and from the website

Re: What do you mean by att messages

13 of 27 (166,683 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 13, 2015 3:34:50 PM
(0)
Contributor

Hi..

Can a person find e-mail history from an ATT account if they have access to it??

Does ATT store dates, times and e-mail addresses??

Thanks

Hi..

Can a person find e-mail history from an ATT account if they have access to it??

Does ATT store dates, times and e-mail addresses??

Thanks

14 of 27 (82,405 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 2, 2015 1:24:02 PM
(0)
Community Manager

That's right, AT&T doesn't store any contents of your text messages, only dates, times and phone numbers involved.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

15 of 27 (71,295 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 2, 2015 3:29:12 PM
(0)
Voyager
Edited by shannonrc on Nov 2, 2015 at 3:32:12 PM

AT&T doesn't store text message content at all????  What if an attorney subpoenas text message content?  Can they get the actual messages?  Or is the detail (time/date/number) all they can obtain?

AT&T doesn't store text message content at all????  What if an attorney subpoenas text message content?  Can they get the actual messages?  Or is the detail (time/date/number) all they can obtain?

[ Edited ]
16 of 27 (71,237 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 23, 2016 9:44:25 AM
(0)
Contributor
When you log into AT&T where do you go to see the text log? And how soon do they show up?
When you log into AT&T where do you go to see the text log? And how soon do they show up?

17 of 27 (9,910 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 23, 2016 9:51:02 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Look under usage online or on the app.

image.jpeg

We are customers too. Our answers are based on experience, knowledge and reading the terms of service and are honest, but not always appreciated. Please mark the correct answer. Please do not post personal information

Look under usage online or on the app.

image.jpeg

We are customers too. Our answers are based on experience, knowledge and reading the terms of service and are honest, but not always appreciated. Please mark the correct answer. Please do not post personal information
We are customers too. Our answers are based on experience, knowledge and reading the terms of service and are honest, but not always appreciated. Please mark the correct answer. Please do not post personal information.

18 of 27 (9,905 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 23, 2016 11:32:03 AM
(0)
Guru

You can use messages.att.net, and set this up, if you want to see message text.

I have to say though, I haven't had the best luck getting this to work very well, in terms of syncing messages.  I'm awaiting Windows unified messaging, coming in the new anniversary update for Win10, myself ;-]

If not, just go to your normal account (att.com) and then Overview->click on phone(s) and you can see current and previous activity for calls/texts/data..

You can use messages.att.net, and set this up, if you want to see message text.

I have to say though, I haven't had the best luck getting this to work very well, in terms of syncing messages.  I'm awaiting Windows unified messaging, coming in the new anniversary update for Win10, myself ;-]

If not, just go to your normal account (att.com) and then Overview->click on phone(s) and you can see current and previous activity for calls/texts/data..

19 of 27 (9,866 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 15, 2016 4:09:51 PM
(0)
Contributor

So what you are all saying is that All messages cant be read unless it was semt by SMS??

So what you are all saying is that All messages cant be read unless it was semt by SMS??

20 of 27 (4,075 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 15, 2016 4:15:22 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

The only place to read the message content is on the phone.

The bill only shows SMS phone numbers

The only place to read the message content is on the phone.

The bill only shows SMS phone numbers

We are customers too. Our answers are based on experience, knowledge and reading the terms of service and are honest, but not always appreciated. Please mark the correct answer. Please do not post personal information.

21 of 27 (4,066 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 16, 2016 8:52:56 AM
(0)
Contributor
Is there a way to permanently delete message history/usage from the app or online account details- like using app or having someone in the store do it?
Is there a way to permanently delete message history/usage from the app or online account details- like using app or having someone in the store do it?

22 of 27 (3,763 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 16, 2016 9:06:43 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

No.  

No.  

23 of 27 (3,748 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 16, 2016 9:22:12 AM
(0)
Contributor

Lizdance40 are you answering my question above? Lol

Lizdance40 are you answering my question above? Lol

24 of 27 (3,733 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 16, 2016 9:26:47 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Yes.  LOL

Yes.  LOL

25 of 27 (3,730 Views)
(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 19, 2016 4:47:09 PM
(1)
Contributor
Edited by karolmommy on Aug 19, 2016 at 4:50:00 PM

Ok , Yes you can read text online. You can't do it threw your bill ect . But All you have to do is go to http://messages.att.net and sign in. you must enter a code that will be text to the original phone number to do it. It shows all text sent and recieved . 

I don't get cell service at home & this is how I check my text without driving out to check them. 

Ok , Yes you can read text online. You can't do it threw your bill ect . But All you have to do is go to http://messages.att.net and sign in. you must enter a code that will be text to the original phone number to do it. It shows all text sent and recieved . 

I don't get cell service at home & this is how I check my text without driving out to check them. 

[ Edited ]
26 of 27 (2,722 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 19, 2016 4:57:37 PM
(0)
Professor
Edited by garylapointe on Aug 19, 2016 at 4:59:16 PM

@karolmommy wrote:

All you have to do is go to http://messages.att.net and sign in. you must enter a code that will be text to the original phone number to do it. It shows all text sent and recieved . 

That's awesome, I didn't know that was an option without special software installed.

It didn't have any history, but I just had someone send me a text and there it was.

Thank you!!!

@karolmommy wrote:

All you have to do is go to http://messages.att.net and sign in. you must enter a code that will be text to the original phone number to do it. It shows all text sent and recieved . 

That's awesome, I didn't know that was an option without special software installed.

It didn't have any history, but I just had someone send me a text and there it was.

Thank you!!!

[ Edited ]
27 of 27 (2,709 Views)