Helpful Links

Can I keep my unlimited data plan when I upgrade?

Teacher

Can I keep my unlimited data plan when I upgrade?

Question for anybody that knows..

I have the infinite data plan.. I'm in a family plan with 2 other phones.. I have the iPhone 3GS, have had it since it came out..

My 'renewal' is up, so I can buy a phone now at a discount, if I sign a new 2 year contract.. BUT.. I've been told that if I buy a new phone, now, my unlimited data plan disappears.. Is that true?

My iPhone 3GS is running SO slow now, and takes forever to respond to anything (clicks, loading programs, etc). I would love to get either the iPhone 5 or Galaxy S3 (depending on which one is better), but I don't think I really want to upgrade my phone and contract if they're going to take away my unlimited data plan.. I'd rather stick with my older, slowing by the day, crappy battery lifed iPhone 3GS, and be able to have unlimited data...

<CM Edit - Created new post, updated subject>

Message 1 of 18
Highlighted
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Can I keep my unlimited data plan when I upgrade?

I have a grandfathered unlimited data plan for smartphone. (SMTPERSONAL) I have a new Nexus 5.  I got a new micro sim from an ATT store, also got the new IMEI added to my account. All is working fine except there is no LTE, only H showing. Is there a way or workaround to add LTE to my account? My location is LTE ready.

Message 16 of 18
Contributor

There is no such thing as unlimited at att. They tell you it is and sell it to you that way but it is restricted after a couple GB's. Trust me. I'm changing carriers because of their false advertisement. Netflix quit working completely and all they say is wait till next billing cycle?

[word filter avoidance]

Message 17 of 18
Scholar

Kwlogue wrote:

They tell you it is and sell it to you that way but it is restricted after a couple GB's. Trust me. I'm changing carriers because of their false advertisement. Netflix quit working completely and all they say is wait till next billing cycle?

[word filter avoidance]

I realize this is an older post... Still, I don't know what you mean by "restricted" nor am I clear on what your couple GB's covers (I realize GB's = GigaBytes... But a "couple" is "2" and it makes no sense that a restriction is placed at 2 GB)... I currently have an "unlimited data plan" (was "grandfathered in" as described/mentioned above). While I might experience slower speeds some times, I have gone up as high as 8.8 GB's (see chart below) with no noticable/known "restriction" whatsoever. 

AT&T Mobile Phone Data Usage.jpg

Message 18 of 18
Share this topic
Announcements

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Wireless this holiday season!

Additional Support