Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted May 22, 2008
11:12:23 AM
View profile
Can I cancel Pda Personal
I just upgraded to a blackjack 2
and the pda personal was added
is this a monthly feature or a onetime thing?
if its monthly how do i cancel it because it wont let me on my account page
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
May 22, 2008 6:09:47 PM
(0)
Master

deadinthewake wrote:
It says i get the rebate with a message plan or 20 or more which I have, and a voice plan of 39.99 or more which I also have , so i see no need in adding the pda plan when I already qualify for the rebate.

If you have unlimited messaging (sounds like you do)...you can cancel the data plan and still get your rebate. Usually the rebates require the unlimited msging plan OR a data plan. Not both.

Make sure that when you cancel the data plan, that CS *activates* your MediaNet pay per use. You will need it activated to send or receive MMS.

So you're saying you don't surf the net or check email from your phone? Because if you do any of that, it's good to have a data plan. BJ's use a lot of data.
Posted from my Samsung Captivate
Accepted Solution

Can I cancel Pda Personal

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 22, 2008 11:14:27 AM
(0)
Master

deadinthewake wrote:

Read your upgrade terms and conditions carefully.

It's possible that it was added so that you would qualify for the rebate.

If you turn it off, you might not qualify for the rebate. So read and understand the rebate T&C's carefully.

deadinthewake wrote:

Read your upgrade terms and conditions carefully.

It's possible that it was added so that you would qualify for the rebate.

If you turn it off, you might not qualify for the rebate. So read and understand the rebate T&C's carefully.

Re: Can I cancel Pda Personal

2 of 6 (5,509 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 22, 2008 11:18:03 AM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by tashina on May 22, 2008 at 5:31:12 PM
{please don't go around the word filter} that means im stuck in it, can i cancel it after the rebate comes in, or can i cancel it now, i dont care if I dont get the rebate, i dont want to plan because i never use stuff like that.

Message Edited by tashina on 05-22-2008 07:31:12 PM
{please don't go around the word filter} that means im stuck in it, can i cancel it after the rebate comes in, or can i cancel it now, i dont care if I dont get the rebate, i dont want to plan because i never use stuff like that.

Message Edited by tashina on 05-22-2008 07:31:12 PM

[ Edited ]
3 of 6 (5,505 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 22, 2008 11:34:46 AM
(0)
Contributor
It says i get the rebate with a message plan or 20 or more which I have, and a voice plan of 39.99 or more which I also have , so i see no need in adding the pda plan when I already qualify for the rebate.

4 of 6 (5,497 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 22, 2008 5:19:33 PM
(0)
Professor
You can more than likely cancel after receiving the rebate back in the mail.
You can more than likely cancel after receiving the rebate back in the mail.

5 of 6 (5,477 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
May 22, 2008 6:09:47 PM
(0)
Master

deadinthewake wrote:

If you have unlimited messaging (sounds like you do)...you can cancel the data plan and still get your rebate. Usually the rebates require the unlimited msging plan OR a data plan. Not both.

Make sure that when you cancel the data plan, that CS *activates* your MediaNet pay per use. You will need it activated to send or receive MMS.

So you're saying you don't surf the net or check email from your phone? Because if you do any of that, it's good to have a data plan. BJ's use a lot of data.

deadinthewake wrote:

6 of 6 (5,471 Views)
Solution