For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
swtxsurrender's profile

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

Tuesday, January 27th, 2009 11:26 PM

Blocking Text Messages Question

I currently use a LG Vu CU920 and I would like to know if I can block all text messages, both incoming and outgoing, on my phone by blocking it somehow on the phone itself (by means of using the options on the phone) or over my AT&T online account. I also have another family member who would like to do the same, but he has a Motorola RAZR (black). If anyone who knows how to block the messages (or if it's even possible to do so), please reply to my post. Thank you.

Accepted Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

15 years ago

@swtxsurrender wrote:
I currently use a LG Vu CU920 and I would like to know if I can block all text messages, both incoming and outgoing, on my phone by blocking it somehow on the phone itself (by means of using the options on the phone) or over my AT&T online account. I also have another family member who would like to do the same, but he has a Motorola RAZR (black). If anyone who knows how to block the messages (or if it's even possible to do so), please reply to my post. Thank you.

The only way is to call CS and ask to place Administrative Text only on the lines that you want texting disabled on. There's no way to do it from the phone and online account management does not allow removing the PPU messaging, only packages.

Guru

• 

983 Messages

15 years ago

Yes, you can look either on your online account manager and select "I no longer want this feature" on the texting feature, or you can just call Customer Care and ask them to remove texting entirely.  Takes about 2 seconds to do.

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

15 years ago

The poster directly above me speaks the truth. They'll be happy to take care of that for you on the phone, but just be advised that even the full text opt out that CS can put on your account will not prevent Instant Messaging services from working, and those are still billed as SMS. Just a fair warning to avoid something that a lot of people seem to think is a loophole. Also, even with the opt out, you can still receive Admin messages from AT&T, which lets you keep on using * Services and the like.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

14 years ago

How can i block text messeges from my Slostice ??

Guru

• 

737 Messages

14 years ago

Do the same; call customer service and ask them to put a block on your line.  It works.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

14 years ago

Is there any way to block only one number from text rather than all?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

14 years ago

Yes, by purchasing the Smart Limit feature for $4.99 a month. You will block any calls or texts from any number you enter. I just did it today for the same reason as you.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Getting text mess from unwanted advertising. How to block this?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.