For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
Rockyubet's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, October 21st, 2017 11:58 PM

Closed

Block the 1-410-100 messages

I am getting text messages from 1-410-100 and I can't block them because the last digit of the number is different. They are from an att phone to an att phone  from att. From you. How can I stop this. I forwarded them to your spam number 7726. If I have to change phone numbers I will but it won't be thru att. 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

@Stone35 To forward a text on an iPhone: select the message, select “more”, select the forward button (arrow)

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks. It doesn’t look like forwarding them to 7726 is really solving the problem with the spam. I keep getting a reply from AT&T, not enough info. I get it within seconds of forwarding the spam. AT&T obviously doesn’t care!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

this solution does not work as the phone numbers that the spam texts are coming from are not complete numbers.  I sent it to 7726 and received a reply stating they could not locate the source as it was not a number.   i get about 100 of these spam texts EVERY DAY and i am pulling my hair out.  help. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

I guess the only solution is changing carrier?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I don't think that's it either, i found forums dating to 2010 saying its with every carrier, this has been happening for over 9 years and no one has figured it out?? hmmmm  sounds fishy to me.  AND it only happens to me M-F not on weekends.  

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Well, I posted the fix but it appears someone has deleted it.  

I too have problems with receiving hundreds if incrementing 1410 messages.  

The fix is to use the block phrase feature in your messaging app.

I was able to add "FRM: Sender Name SUBJ:" (Sender Name = a real person's name) as a blocked phrase and it is catching 100% of the 1410 messages that person is sending me.  Look at the content of your 1410 message and see if there is a common phrase in all of them that isn't something you would normally send or receive.  Block that phrase.

Mine are coming from an ex who is paying to send them via some app.  Blocking the phrase listed above using the block phrase feature in messages works flawlessly for me.

Good luck!  

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

So how does that work. Because I don’t se an option in IOS to block phrases. I can only block a number but since the number changes every time it makes no sense to block the number.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

hi DZ, i don't understand how to get to the messages/block part.  your original post said to go to messages and then settings.  not settings and messages. I can't find any settings options when i open my green messages box .   I have iphone 7?

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I'm using a Galaxy S8 Active running Android 8.0.  I don't have an iPhone and can't find much information about them and whether or not the block phrases feature is available in iOS.

On my Android, the feature is under Messages > (three dots button) > Settings > Block Messages > Block Phrases.

Hopefully this is available on iOS because it's literally brought back my sanity.  You can use it to block texts sent from an email address as well.  I suspect the 1410 messages arrive via email sent to (phone number) @ txt.att.net with a spoofed return address starting with 14101 00001 (I had to add a space) that increments by 1 with each additional message.  

I feel certain that AT&T could put a stop to these messages if they wanted to.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I’m getting explicit texts, photos. Messages like hey baby want to go to lunch, or hey baby last night was great. Then I get a text that has phots of a woman... my wife found the text first and deleted before I could see. What do I do I cannot block

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.