For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
Religirl125's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, June 3rd, 2016 7:55 AM

Att passport in Ireland

I purchased the $120 att passport last week before leaving for Ireland. Was told I would have unlimited texting and 800 MB of data. I'm here and it has not worked at all and there is no way to reach Att because they only provide phone numbers and my phone doesn't work. I'll be here for all of the month and need help figuring this out.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

8 years ago

Do you get service at all? If not, did you add the $0 international pay per use feature to your line. That is not the same as passport and without it you won't get service. You can add that feature through the MyATT app. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

I'm going to ireland soon...did you get your problem fixed? if so how?  i've been searching this board and i am finding conflicting accounts...  I thought purchasing a passport plan would be easy enough.....

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

@vshorto In your other post, you said you were a gophone customer. You can't buy a passport plan if you have gophone. Passport plans are only for postpaid accounts. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

i'm not sure who you are sandblaster, but....I am on the at&t site right now with a page that gives me info for international texting w/ my go phone... thanks but ,not thanks. Please don't respond to my posts, only helpful people respond please.

• 

25.7K Messages

7 years ago

@vshorto a couple of things here, a. dont post to a public forum and expect not to receive public input. b. @sandblaster is correct, passport is not a prepaid option. You are being rude to him/her and he/she is correct. The international passport package is post paid only.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

7 years ago

@vshorto

International texting = texting to another country from the USA.  

Texting while roaming is not available to Gophone with the only exception being Mexico and Canada on the $60 plan.  

@sandblaster Is a former employee and a traveler and knows his stuff on both fronts, you should respect the help he gave you and not be rude.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

@lizdance40, @Anonymous, Thanks for the support. Just one note about gophone roaming, I too thought only the $60 plan allowed roaming in Mexico and Canada. Actually, any gophone plan supports roaming in Canada and Mexico but only the $60 plan allows use of data while roaming. All other plans are limited to calls and texts and have pay per use rates.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@vshorto wrote:

I am on the at&t site right now with a page that gives me info for international texting w/ my go phone...

Please share the page with us. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.