Need your talk or text logs?
Jmarz77's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, November 5th, 2015 3:21 AM

At&t group messaging limit

Will at&t every change their system to allow group messaging for more than 10 people at a time? This is remarkably inconvenient and the lowest of all carriers. This is not working for me.

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

8 years ago

Hi there! @Jmarz77 thanks for posting your question. We understand your concern. Part of our goal is to prevent opening our system up and allowing spammers to send out mass text messages to our customers. This allows us to ensure we maintain AT&T as the best and most reliable network available. At this time we do not plan on changing this.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Darren

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Hi Darren,

It seems like AT&T is hiding behind the spamming excuse so they don't have to spend the time and money to increase the number of recipients on a group text message.  Multiple other carriers do not restrict the number of recipients and do not have problems with spam.  I switched to AT&T just under a year ago and had I known this limit, I would have never switched.  I also have had several discussions on this topic with other individuals looking to switch and all of them went with another carrier because of this limit. 

AT&T should really reconsider their position on this issue and quit hiding behind the spam concern.  Even if you increased it to 25 or 30, this would greatly reduce the number of frustrated customers.  I am already exploring switching to another carrier because of this issue alone.

Jeff

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I receive message from group with 15-20 people and they would like a response ... I can't respond!  That is poor service that I provide as result of the carrier I have selected. -- do I have the wrong carrier?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I recently switched from Verizon. I have a group of about 15 family members that enjoy receiving pictures of my baby. With my new AT&T service I have to split the group in half and send the pictures twice. Very inconvenient. Didn't have that problem with Verizon. Maybe AT&T could up the group text limit to a more realistic number like 20-25. I think this would still limit activity by spammers (they usually like to spam larger numbers of people at one time).

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.