Explore & discover

Helpful Links

At&T I surance on an Apple bought device

Contributor

At&T I surance on an Apple bought device

If I buy an unlocked iPhone 8 plus from the new Apple Update Program, am I able to turn back to AT&T and purchase their mobile insurance? A customer service representative told me yesterday that I could buy online it’s now telling me that my device is not eligible. I want insurance that covers theft/lost not just damage. 

Message 1 of 2
ACE - Expert

Re: At&T I surance on an Apple bought device

You cannot Buy insurance through ATT if you didn’t buy the phone through ATT.  

When you buy through Apple, Apple care Plus is included.  That covers you for damage or device failure.  The only thing not covered is loss of device (theft, loss).  

Unless you are routinely losing phones or leave it where it can be stolen, insurance is a lousy deal. 

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) We are customers too, NOT employees. Our answers are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support