For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
Hayley1993's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, March 18th, 2015 9:36 PM

Are data overages included in Rollover Data?

So two days before my new billig cycle I went over my data it charged me 15 dollars for another so today when my bill started over the extra gig I bought was not on there I thought we had roll over data ??

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hi there @Hayley1993

I’d be happy to help explain our Rollover Data! Only the remaining data included in your Mobile Share Value plan is eligible to be rolled over to the next month. If all of your included data is used and an overage package is added, the overage data is not eligible to be rolled over to the next month. For more information, see our Rollover Data FAQ by clicking here!

I hope this helps!

Charise

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

9 years ago

It depends.. first off, the rollover is only for wirless, not wired internet services.

Second, the rollover is a little tricky. 

IF you have data left over at the end of one billing cycle to the next, it does in fact, roll over. BUT, you need to use up ALL your data in the next month to use the rolled over credits.

Any left over data that was rolled over and unused, goes away at the end of the next billing cycle. 

Keep in mind, if you have used up all your data in a month, even if there is unused rollover data left, NONE will rollover, as you can not roll over unused data a second time.

IF you use up your extra rolled over data, you will be charged, as you said. That extra data does NOT qualify for being rolled over, as it is NOT left over regular minutes.

On the plus side, if you call mobility customer service and plead your case, they MIGHT grant you a credit for the 15 dollars you were charged. No primises, of course, but on the other hand, you also have nothing to lose by trying.

Fair notice: I am another AT&T customer, not an employee, and i'm giving my opinions based on what i've read from other folks posts. I don't speak for AT&T, and could in fact be totaly misinformed. So, keep that in mind when making your choices.

That said, i still think I have the information right, and if not, hope someone will correct where i mistated.    Good luck.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Part of one of my problems, it's ridiculous that we pay but it doesn't roll over
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.