For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
TammyBoyette's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, September 20th, 2017 12:00 AM

Are all warranty claims difficult?

I have been a customer for approximately 20. For the first time ever I filed an insurance claim. I received a restored phone from Austin that looked amazing but was getting hot when in use and the battery barely lasted 3/4 of the day. When I contacted AT&T about the issue, they ordered a warranty claim for that phone. I received another restored phone today and could not hear on it - I constantly asked the representative to repeat themself on many occasions. Also the phone would not alert me when a text message was received when my phone was in lock mode. After a solid 2 hours of trying to get it to work, another warranty claim was issued. I am so discouraged with these insurance replacements and being expected to just deal with it. What is the best way to handle a warranty claim?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

What do you mean by "What is the best way to handle a warranty claim?"

At&t process the warranty on the behave of the manufactures. Device from the manufactures are not brand new device. They are "like new" or "refurbish."

The insurance which is "Asurion" is a third party vendor used pretty much by ALL wireless carriers. With them, it depends on their inventory at that time. They have both "New" and "Used" device.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.