For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
dani72092's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, May 22nd, 2015 3:41 PM

Anonymous - Message Not Found, Transient Download Failure, etc

Hello,

I recently ported my number from Sprint to AT&T and purchased a new HTC One. I'm currently extremely disappointed and frustrated with the MMS services. About half of my MMS messages never download, I hit the download button over and over but they never come through, occasionally they error out with 'Transient Download Failure'. Additionally, about 5 times a day I lose text messages to the 'Anonymous' thread, Message not found error. I've lost picture messages from my fiance, who is on the same network and the same room to this thread.

I am an avid group messager with my family and I'm missing out on half of the conversation... I expected that switching from Sprint to AT&T would be an improvment in the MMS and coverage experience, but that's currently not seeming to be the case.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I'm trying to plan a wedding and it's extremely frustrating when I lose half of my conversation.

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hi there @dani72092

I’m sorry to hear you have not been receiving all of your group messages! I’d be happy to help! We can look into the delivery details of these messages and try to find if any errors are occurring on the service side. Can you please send me a private message by Clicking Here and include the following information?

• Full Name
  • Email address
  • Cell number
  • Other cell numbers involved in group message
  • Example dates and times of download failures and “message not found” errors

Thanks,

Charise

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

I'm still experiencing this problem after being contacted and trying the recommended solution. I haven't heard back from anyone yet.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

LG G4 - same issue

Very annoying to lose part of the conversation. It only seems to happen with group MMS's.

I have screenshots of the messaging app that I can share, what it looks like; if I could send that somewhere.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

It's become slightly less frequent since I got the Lollipop update but it still persists. I'm getting a lot fewer transient failures, but I'm still experiencing being unable to download MMS messages. They just try and try forever no matter how many times I click download, yet other messages come in just fine.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Since the software update on July 15 on LG G3 I am having the same problems.  It is getting worse.  Very fustrating!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Any resolution to this? I found a similar 'Public Service Announcement' on the AT&T forums which lists reddit and AT&T forum issues of the same type:

https://forums.att.com/t5/Android/PSA-regarding-MMS-SMS-group-and-text-messaging-issues-for-anyone/m-p/4344740#M64831

I have a G3 that has been missing more and more group texts over the past few months.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

I to am haveing the same issue with failed download messages, and anonymous reciever - message not found on the G3. Need to get a fix on this ASAP or i will leave at&t. i have $200+ left to pay off on this phone. if it un reasonable to have your customers suffer with a defective device.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

problem still persist. Any word on a fix yet AT&T?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

This problem is STILL occuring "anonymous message not found"....even after all this time. Always happens on my multimedia messaging and missing out on half of what's being said. Getting very frustrating!!! Also get "Multimedia message has arrived, Receive?" and when I select download nothing happens. I don't know if it's my LG Escape phone, if it is an AT&To issue or if it's an android issue. SOMEONE needs to fix this problem or my business along with several others I'm sure will be looking elsewhere.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

There was some update back in quarter 1 of this year that fixed my issue.if I had to guess its a software problem and there is nothing that support can do to fix this issue.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.