For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
Redbacks23's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, June 4th, 2016 5:14 AM

Advanced messaging

When will the advanced messaging be available for the galaxy s7 edge?? It was great with my LG 3 until the crappy thing died and i lost everything. Got a new phone the latest phone and i can not use this?? Frustrating.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

Nothing on my end. Been playing with other messenger apps as a work around.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Same thing happens to us constantly.  1 picture, 3 pictures, 10 pictures, it doesn't matter, 1 or two will come up, sometimes none.  Not only do the pics fail, it will randomly not send text messages with just text in them.  The wife and I compare notes at the end of the day to see which ones failed.  It's purely random and beginning to make me dis-like the Edge 7 or AT&T or both.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I use a lot of different messaging apps, but every time I switch back to stock, it says advanced messaging is reactivated even though I keep deactivating it. I also don't get any mms from my mother, who has it switched on, but I do from my father, who has it switched off

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@spookykidmm wrote:
I use a lot of different messaging apps, but every time I switch back to stock, it says advanced messaging is reactivated even though I keep deactivating it. I also don't get any mms from my mother, who has it switched on, but I do from my father, who has it switched off

advance messaging is a joke it never works right.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I cant seem to get it to highlight so I can turn it off. Help? Plz

Mentor

• 

35 Messages

7 years ago

The problem I am having is that when I tried setting up my new S7 Edge by copying my files from my old Edge, in a lot of cases, my SENT messages are not copied.  I see all of the messages I have ever received, but when I go thru some of my message threads, ALL of the messages I have sent since the upgrade to advance messaging are missing.  Now if I look @ my old phone, they are all there.  And it doesn't matter how I try to transfer them (Smart Switch backup & restore, Smart Switch USB phone to phone transfer, or ATT mobile transfer).  Another issue with it is that if I use an app like my old standby "Email My Texts" to send a copy of texts, I only get a onesided conversation, as none of the messages I sent within the thread show.

So is there a fix for this, besides turning off advanced messaging???

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@DV8ed wrote:

@The problem I am having is that when I tried setting up my new S7 Edge by copying my files from my old Edge, in a lot of cases, my SENT messages are not copied.  I see all of the messages I have ever received, but when I go thru some of my message threads, ALL of the messages I have sent since the upgrade to advance messaging are missing.  Now if I look @ my old phone, they are all there.  And it doesn't matter how I try to transfer them (Smart Switch backup & restore, Smart Switch USB phone to phone transfer, or ATT mobile transfer).  Another issue with it is that if I use an app like my old standby "Email My Texts" to send a copy of texts, I only get a onesided conversation, as none of the messages I sent within the thread show.

So is there a fix for this, besides turning off advanced messaging???

nope its how it works now.  There RCS solution stinks.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

You said the galaxy S 5 mini works with advanced messaging. Does the Galaxy S5 work with advance messaging? I have the s8+ and my girlfriend has the S5 and we are on a family plan on the same account. And we want us both to have. Is the S5 not compatible?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@Nfamousbandt wrote:
You said the galaxy S 5 mini works with advanced messaging. Does the Galaxy S5 work with advance messaging? I have the s8+ and my girlfriend has the S5 and we are on a family plan on the same account. And we want us both to have. Is the S5 not compatible?

@Nfamousbandt

no the s5 is not compatible.   The s5 mini was there test phone for it since it sold so bad LOL.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.