Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 2, 2012
7:14:08 PM
View profile
Adding data to a single line on a family plan?
So I am wondering how much the cost for 300mb of data to one line would be added to our monthly bill, seeing as it is a family plan. I want to buy the HTC one x, will this phone be 99? 49? Or even 199? What might the activation fee be? Basically all I am trying to find out is how much it would cost extra a month to add a smartphone to a single line on a plan with 3 lines. Please help.
So I am wondering how much the cost for 300mb of data to one line would be added to our monthly bill, seeing as it is a family plan. I want to buy the HTC one x, will this phone be 99? 49? Or even 199? What might the activation fee be? Basically all I am trying to find out is how much it would cost extra a month to add a smartphone to a single line on a plan with 3 lines. Please help.
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Oct 2, 2012 8:12:55 PM
(0)
Professor

Unless you have a Mobile Share plan, it doesn't matter how many lines are on the account, the cost of the 300MB data plan is $20/month. If you're eligible for an upgrade, the One X is $99.99 new, or $49.99 for a refurb. If not upgrade eligible, add $400 to those prices. The activation fee is $36, added to your next bill, but they'll sometimes waive it.

Accepted Solution

Adding data to a single line on a family plan?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Oct 2, 2012 8:12:55 PM
(0)
Professor

Unless you have a Mobile Share plan, it doesn't matter how many lines are on the account, the cost of the 300MB data plan is $20/month. If you're eligible for an upgrade, the One X is $99.99 new, or $49.99 for a refurb. If not upgrade eligible, add $400 to those prices. The activation fee is $36, added to your next bill, but they'll sometimes waive it.

Re: Adding data to a single line on a family plan?

2 of 3 (3,287 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 2, 2012 8:33:34 PM
(0)
Contributor
Alrighty, thank you Max! That was really helpful. Smiley Happy
Alrighty, thank you Max! That was really helpful. Smiley Happy

Re: Adding data to a single line on a family plan?

3 of 3 (3,279 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments