Need your talk or text logs?
Connecticut's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, April 21st, 2016 10:32 PM

Access Data in Passport Plan

I signed up for the one month Passport International plan. I have been able to text fine but have not been able to use any of my data. What setting should I have my phone on to use the data?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

8 years ago

@Connecticut wrote:
I signed up for the one month Passport International plan. I have been able to text fine but have not been able to use any of my data. What setting should I have my phone on to use the data?

That kind of depends on your phone and possibly it may be no setting but could be the carrier you are connected to. On a recent trip, my wife's iphone could not get a data connection and then I noticed her phone was connected to a different carrier than my phone. When we forced her phone to connect to a different carrier, her data started working. 

Make sure you have cellular data and data roaming turned on. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I have my data setting on but my roaming setting off. Is this why I can't access data in my International Passport Plan. Does roaming setting need to be turned on too?

Will I receive alerts like I do with my normal plan when I'm close to reaching my limit?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

8 years ago

@Connecticut wrote:
I have my data setting on but my roaming setting off. Is this why I can't access data in my International Passport Plan. Does roaming setting need to be turned on too?

Will I receive alerts like I do with my normal plan when I'm close to reaching my limit?

Yes, data roaming must be on and yes, you should get an alert when you get close to the plan data limit. Highly advise you only turn data roaming on when you want to use data and leave it off otherwise so the phone doesn't use up data when you don't want it to. 

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

8 years ago

Yes...your roaming data must be enabled for it to connect..just be mundful of you Mb dowloaded. The olan you chose is very limited and can lead to a lot of overages if not careful. I suggest to turn on to use it quickly and then disable everything immediately when done.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.