Need your talk or text logs?
HOPE77's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, August 18th, 2015 2:12 AM

ATTANTION! AT&T is a thief.

We have hade this problem before several times.This time we have decided totell all americans who use AT&T- ATTANTION, you are inside the company which steals money as a data-your GB.On August 2015 I have used my phone mostly at home ,using WI-FI.When I neen to see YouTube I use my TouchPad which does not hane any connection to any company.

Tree days ago I have had notification that our family plan for two people is 0.39 before to be over our plan 3GB. Wrong. I seat this month at home mostly and use my WI-FI.We have called today through many ,as always customer people.The woman has told that I have too many app.

1.I see video only onmy TPad,which shows cor full month 5.39GB.My TouchPad has in 5 time more different apps then my phone.My phone has just several apps.

2 .I have WI-FI at home

3. My Samsung 5S phone shows  using WI-Fi about 5.39GB and data plane which is 3.08GB

4.Very ofter I have message from AT&T- thrre is no internet connection.

My question-How can I use 13.8GB Total being at homw?

The answer is very simple-AT&T needs money and steal GB from clients.

Just imaging- 100000.00 clients for $15 over using= 1.5 millions of $$ Nice truck,AT&T.

If you want to know about exact spending GB-nobody will tell you.This monster company does not tell customer support the real information,and has absolutely non-functional customer support.In my country,you can go in any phone company and every customer person will give you a full information by time and place for what you have spent the money.I must know here also.I pay my money and this company must tell me exact-for what I have spend 13 GB at home where there is WI-FI.This company makes everything to attraect people and after start to steal money using different sourses.This is absolutely clear.Same app. inside the phone in 5-6 time eats more GB then same app. inside my TouchPad.

I offer people to send petition to the court to check AT&T from inside.It is time to know for what we pay our money.It is time to suide AT&T.This problem is discribed by other people as well.  

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

9 years ago

@HOPE77 wrote:

We have hade this problem before several times.This time we have decided totell all americans who use AT&T- ATTANTION, you are inside the company which steals money as a data-your GB.On August 2015 I have used my phone mostly at home ,using WI-FI.When I neen to see YouTube I use my TouchPad which does not hane any connection to any company.

Tree days ago I have had notification that our family plan for two people is 0.39 before to be over our plan 3GB. Wrong. I seat this month at home mostly and use my WI-FI.We have called today through many ,as always customer people.The woman has told that I have too many app.

1.I see video only onmy TPad,which shows cor full month 5.39GB.My TouchPad has in 5 time more different apps then my phone.My phone has just several apps.

2 .I have WI-FI at home

3. My Samsung 5S phone shows  using WI-Fi about 5.39GB and data plane which is 3.08GB

Just imaging- 100000.00 clients for $15 over using= 1.5 millions of $$ Nice truck,AT&T.

If you want to know about exact spending GB-nobody will tell you.This monster company does not tell customer support the real information,and has absolutely non-functional customer support.In my country,you can go in any phone company and every customer person will give you a full information by time and place for what you have spent the money.I must know here also.I pay my money and this company must tell me exact-for what I have spend 13 GB at home where there is WI-FI.This company makes everything to attraect people and after start to steal money using different sourses.This is absolutely clear.Same app. inside the phone in 5-6 time eats more GB then same app. inside my TouchPad.

I offer people to send petition to the court to check AT&T from inside.It is time to know for what we pay our money.It is time to suide AT&T.This problem is discribed by other people as well.  

If your phone shows that it has used the same amount of data as AT&T reports, then the problem isn't with AT&T, it's with your phone.  There are many reasons why your phone would not use your home wifi, and any of those could be causing you to really use all the data you don't think you are using.  Heck, if you have a modern smartphone, then the screen may be smaller than your touchpad, but have a higher resolution so any video you watch on your phone would suddenly use up to 5 times as much data as your pad. Also understand that almost every smartphone on the market now turns off the wifi radio to conserve power so they can report their phone has a longer battery life.  Of course this means that your phone then uses more cellular data when you think it should be using wifi, but once again, that isn't due to AT&T, that is thanks to Apple, Samsung, HTC, Motorola, etc.

If you can document that your phone reports one thing for your data usage, and for the exact same time period that AT&T shows significantly more usage (2,3 4, or 5 times more) then you might have a valid complaint, but if your phone is anywhere close to what AT&T reports, then it's more likely that you need to better learn how your phone works.

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

9 years ago

@HOPE77 wrote:

2 .I have WI-FI at home

Your phone shows using 3.08 gig and ATT says you went over your 3 GB plan. Where is the discrepancy?

Do you have smart wifi enabled on the phone? If the phone detects that the cell signal is stronger than the wifi signal, guess what the phone does? It switches to OTA data. This is a device "feature" and nothing nefarious by ATT. Turn off the smart wifi setting.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.