For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
ecarr3's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, January 13th, 2016 6:03 PM

ATT's Scam!

So I feel that ATT is running a scam! I called to get unlimited Data plan and was told the only way to get unlimited is to have UVERSE Service I advised the gilr I had UVERSE for 2 years and it's the most HORRIBLE service out there!!! She tell sme sorry but that's the only way to get unlimited! I talk to her supervisor and am told the same thing I advise them that the competition is giving free data and will buy out my contract with ATT and they reply that is fine I can go to the competition!!! Well ATT I've been with youy for over 10 years and now due to your scam feature and requirements along with not giving a sh-- about my business I will be moving on shortly!!! Pathetic!!! #ATT #ATTSCAM #ATTHORRIBLESERVICE #UVERSESUCKS

Guru

• 

901 Messages

8 years ago

How is this a scam?  It is just how the deal is.  Have you tried DirecTV?  If you have U-Verse or DirecTV you are able to get the unlimited data for your phone.  They are just trying to get those who might not have AT&T as a TV subscriber or AT&T mobile to come over.

Mentor

• 

88 Messages

8 years ago

What is difficult for people to understand is that AT&T doesn't really care if you leave. If you cancel they have another person lined up to take your (or my) place.

People like to be rewarded for their loyalty but at least in this industry it doesn't mean a thing. I have a FIOS account. A neighbor switched to FIOS and got faster service (50/25) than I was getting at $40 less a month. When I called Verizon and explained I was a 10 year customer and the first on my block to get FIOS, he said that I should cancel and if the special is still there in 30 days I will get her rate.

I'm a loyal person by nature but not with these companies. Jump ship if you must. AT&T might lose me because of T Mobile's free music streaming or Verizon's constant attempt to woo me back. Sprint is the only company not in play even though around here their service isn't terrible. I'm only here because of the Directv offer.

This isn't marriage or family. If you see a chance elsewhere take it.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I was scamed too first at the store I bought iphone 7 plus and a wireless beats head phone , I paid and picked the bag and walked out of the store. I drove several miles and got home to realise that I paid for the head phones but there were none in my bag , I called my friend who was with me during the transaction to tell her about this , she went to the store ofr me as i live quite a distance and she was told by the sales person that he never billed me , well I had to drive another 45 mts back to the store with the reciept and sure enough the sale person could not do eye conatct with me and was busy with other customers .. I wasted total of 1.45 mts and was told i will be refunded the money , I insisted on getting the headset and they said its sold out they do not have one. There was another guy who said hang on he look in the bottom of the table where he was possiblly hiding one and he gave that to me ( not the color I had ordered or wanted ) and said we are out of stock and cannot even place a order for the one i had purcahsed and was never given. This was just the start of my ATT nightmare ...there is lot more thereafter yet another scam for the ublimited data and the direct tv that they sucked me into by lying that i will get the specific international channels I wanted and made me un install dish and now being told they do not offer the channels I had requested un the first place 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.