Need your talk or text logs?
PCB's profile

Teacher

• 

34 Messages

Sunday, November 29th, 2015 9:46 PM

ATT Group Messaging not working with & iMessage

Been having a problem getting group messages on ATT (just switched to ATT from Verizon, where my Lumia 928 had no problems with kids and wife on iPhones). Looks like the problem is that if they have their iphones set to have imessage on, then the only non iphone people who will get their groups texts will be other on the same network. Everyone else will get texts but not group texts. If they turn off their imessage then I get their group texts, but they don't get their friends texts on their mac computers, where they do most of their messaging.

So, could someone please help confirm that this is actually true - we did test it, but still, maybe it's something else, and if it is true, are there any workarounds that will allow me to get their groups texts when their imessaage is turned on?

this is really a problem for me and how we communicate. Could really use the help. thank you.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

8 years ago

Yes.  It's come up before.  Sending "mixed messages", if sending out it a group, Doesn't work for iPhones.  

Some report the messages come through days later.

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

8 years ago

If you are using a Lumia 928 Verizon phone on ATT network, group messages will not work. The only way to get it to work is configuring the MMS settings manually and/ using the system network app from nokia which is no longer available.
Which Windows are you on?

Teacher

• 

34 Messages

8 years ago

Windows 10 mobile. Lumia 950. Has to be a way on my end (not having iphone users change their settings).

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.