Explore & discover

Helpful Links

AT&T Passport settings

Highlighted
Contributor

AT&T Passport settings

After reading previous posts, still confused. I have iPhone 6, traveling in France, Germany, Czech Republic and Austria. To be able to send/receive text when out and about -- CELLULAR DATA on or off? DATA ROAMING on or off? I have yet to see an option called INTERNATIONAL ROAMING on any screen yet I've seen reference to it in instructions.
Regarding the WiFi hotspots -- over past 3 days in Paris, we have yet to be able to find and of the suggested WiFi connections identified in the AT&T Passport app. However we can connect to the hotel WiFi, does the latter give us the same service we would get if we ever find a connection described in the app?
TIA
Message 1 of 2
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by taylorpk
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: AT&T Passport settings

On the iPhone the "data roaming" setting is the only one you need to be concerned with. You can leave cellular data on and control your data usage with the data roaming switch. Turn it on when you want to use cellular data, leave it off the rest of the time. As long as data roaming is off, you will not use cellular data. You are able to send/receive normal text messages (SMS/MMS) with data roaming off. However, you would need it on to send an iMessage.

Your hotel wifi gives you the same service as an ATT wifi hotspot would.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
NEW - Take a look at our best value & price ever for unlimited wireless - AT&T Unlimited Starter and AT&T Unlimited Extra plans!

Additional Support