Need your talk or text logs?
CascadianBehr's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, May 26th, 2019 12:41 AM

AT&T Passport 1GB questions

Hello, I'm writing to ask about what I need to do to activate the Passport option on my phone. I am travelling to Iceland & Norway from June 3rd to June 10th and I am curious to know if I will need to turn on International Data Roaming once I reach Iceland or not. I have never traveled abroad with a cell before and want to make sure I am utilizing the package I paid for (Passport 1GB) correctly, lord knows I don't want to be hit with any unexpected charges. Thanks in advance.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

5 years ago

Did you add passport to your line in your My ATT account?  If you didn’t add yourself, please check your account.

Has your account been open 60+ days?

It travel pay per use ON on your line?

You might turn off data roaming in settings when you don’t need it.  

Please use airplane mode on the plane!!  Airlines have satellite service and your plan does not cover the high rates.  Pass port does not cover ships either. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Yes, I put the Passport 1Gb plan on my phone and yes, I have had my phone account for over 15 years. I'm aware of the airplane mode and the lack of coverage on cruise ships. What I am asking is exactly how to use the passport feature that I paid for and activated on my account. I have read alot that says to turn on data roaming, but I am wanting to make see if it needs to be just plain data roaming or should it be international data roaming instead. 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

5 years ago

The other thing that must be active is international pay per use feature must be active on your line.  In my At&t, select your line and “add feature”, “see all features”. Scroll, it’s the last one.    See photo.

Re: ‘data roaming’.  You will not find both ‘data roaming’ and ‘international data roaming’ on your phone.  Roaming is roaming.  

DF78C6DF-4A66-45AF-B455-AE27CA5FA916.jpeg

1 Attachment

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.