Need your talk or text logs?
stssub's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, October 23rd, 2014 6:22 PM

AT&T Messenger Issues

Recently AT&T Messenger started requiring a pin in addition to the username and password to access my messages.  Could you provide an alternate contact method instead of a text?  The whole purpose of using the AT&T Messenger app is because I don't have access to my phone where I work, but do have access to the online app.  So, to use it I have to go back out get on my phone and by the time I come back in to enter the pin, the pin has expired.  I'm ready to change service so I can have a different way to access my messages.  Does anyone have any resolution to my obviously humerous situation?  Thanks.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

This new "feature" is SO ANNOYING!  I didn't get the memo warning of the change... did anyone else?  It would be nice if they would at least have a way to OPT-OUT once you log in to your account, at least give us a choice.  Smiley Frustrated

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I am from the US but working in U.A.E. If you have ever traveled internationally and used your mobile phone with the Att sim card in then you will receive bill the following month for more than you spent on traveling. Therefore, I purchased a sim card here in U.A.E. so I can use my IPhone during my stay and the only part that is different number and that is ok. However, I do plan to go home someday and I have had my Att phone number for over 20 years now. In making plans to come overseas to work, I decided to leave my Att account and mobile number active so I could retrieve voicemails. I got excited when a friend told me about retrieving my text messages from my computer. How perfect is the world now. I completed the online Att Messaging set up process until I reached the part that says:

We have sent you a text message with a PIN code to the number XXXXXXXXXX Please enter it below to continue.

Really if I was able to see my text messages on my phone to enter, a code on my laptop to view my text messages WHY WOULD I NEED TO LOOK ONLINE TO SEE MY TEXT MESSAGES.

AT&T please rethink this and email a code a customer, that is in needs to view text messages on a computer because I can’t they CAN NOT view them on their phone.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

9 years ago

@stssub 

@RBchGirl 

@Mscoffey26 

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your feedback, we forwarded it to the right people and we'll let you know if there are any updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime.

UPDATE: After some testing, it doesn't seem to be a required item on every log in. The first time I logged in, it sent me a PIN as a security measure (maybe because of logging in from a different network/computer), but after that initial verification, I can log out and back in, and it doesn't ask for a PIN anymore. Please make sure your cookies are enabled and try clearing your cache and cookies, this might help. Also, if possible, try logging in with another browser, just to test.

Please let us know if you still having this issue, you can send us a private message by clicking here. Please include your full name, phone number, account number and the best time you can be reached.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Has a solution been found for this yet? It seems to log me out in the morning and sends my phones new pins to log in. Problem is I don't have access to my phones can this pin be sent to emails instead?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Really?  If I was able to see my text messages on my phone to enter a code on my laptop to view my text messages WHY WOULD I NEED TO LOOK ONLINE TO SEE MY TEXT MESSAGES.

AT&T please rethink this!  If a customer needs to view text messages on a computer, it's because they CAN NOT view them on their phone.  GET A CLUE!  It is so frustrating!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I have only been able to do it one time and that was when I got home, charged my phone & had my phone sitting right next to me.  I tried logging in again and it asked for a pin again.  It asks me for a pin each & every time I try to log in even if I have logged in on that computer before.  So NO, a solution has not been found.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

it ask me for a pin every time. I even logged in at home on my home computer and put the pin to see if it would keep me logged in. I closed the browser window and opened it again and went to the website and all from the same computer within a minute of closing it and it still asked for another pin. I have cleared cookies, tried different browsers and tried different computers. it is very frustrating and needs removed or at least we need given the option to disable it as a security feature.

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

9 years ago

Mine will ask for a PIN again if I refresh my browser whether it's Chrome or FireFox or IE.

Why can't it simply be a user and password login. If I can check a box agreed to drop the need for a PIN, wouldn't that suffice?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Waiting for customer support to get back to me on this but the initial contact made the same suggestions i had already done - clear cache, cookies. rebooted. used different browsers. different computers, etc. I'm sure there will not be a solution until EVERYONE is screaming about it then maybe they will fix it.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

same problem here ,pls solve att

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.