Need your talk or text logs?
Goldeneye007's profile

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

Tuesday, February 20th, 2018 4:26 PM

AT&T Messages Website

Hello, I have used the AT&T Messages site (messages.att.net) for years to send and receive text messages while at work when cell phone use is difficult.  I recently switched to an iPhone from a Blackberry, however I am not sure if that is related.

Anyways, now when attempting to access the site, I log in, receive the text message to confirm, but then after entering the confirmation code, am redirected to messages.att.net/setup, with the below error:

Hmmmm, Something Went Wrong.
We were unable to setup AT&T Messages. Please come back to http://messages.att.net and try again later.

I called into AT&T support and was told that iPhone users are not able to access the website to send and receive messages, however I do not believe this is accurate. For one, the site worked for a month after switching to my iPhone. There is a note on the page that states for iPhone users, iMessage must be turned off for the site to work. I do have iMessage off.  From browsing this forum, it appears that while the phone App does not work for iPhone users, the web site should work just fine.

Is there anyone here that can assist?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

@Goldeneye007

The military discount is the only discount allowed on unlimited plans. It’s right on the webpage. 

https://www.att.com/plans/unlimited-data-plans.html

The $15% offered by both carriers is off the data plan only.  ATT is $190 for the unlimited Plus for 4 lines.  Verizon is $200.  It’s only $10.  

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

6 years ago

Thinking about it @GLIMMERMAN76 I suspect that AT&T recently made a change to the site, or did something that caused a number of people, including myself, to become unprovisioned, or the account reset or something along those lines. Since it wasn't done the proper way (through actually disabling the feature in the account) it was left in the broken state we saw. 

I believe the "auto-reply" feature of the drive app just requires the cloud messages feature to function, which is also integrated with the messages size, probably utilizing the feature to be able to send the messages since it's not actually the phone doing so with auto-reply on. By turning the feature on, we're basically reprovisioning ourselves for the site.  @edeleon81 basically just discovered a trick for those of us without Android's to enable the feature ourselves.

That's my theory anyways. Probably completely wrong. 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

I am having the same problem.  I have been using the AT&T Messages Website for a long time and not had this problem.  I have tried accessing the website on multiple computers, with multiple different browser programs in multiple locations and am having the problem on all of them.  This is some problem with the website.  Oh and I don't have an iPhone.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

Go into settings on the phone and restart ATT messages in its settings.  If you haven’t used it regularly it may not be working.  

https://www.att.com/features/backup-sync.html

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

6 years ago

iPhones don't have ATT Messages, so there's nothing to restart there. The web site should still work though, per AT&T and I know people who have had iPhones since 2007 who have used the site since it first started.

Also, I use (or used before this issue) the site all day every day at work, so frequency isn't an issue.  Something's either broken with the site or some account/provisioning changes were made. 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

You telling me your work does not have wifi?  With wifi calling on messages would go over the wifi network.

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

6 years ago

No, I'm telling you I work in a SCIF where cell phones are not allowed to enter. If I want to use my phone, I have to exit the SCIF and retrieve my phone to use it. Obviously not something I want to be doing all day as we have a process to go through to exit and enter.

I do have internet access from a PC in there, however, hence why I use the AT&T Messages site.

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

6 years ago

I have an iPhone as well and I'm having the same problem after using daily.  I came across a site that said the site was taken down for temporarily enhancements. Not sure how long this is going to take. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Also having this issue, which started about a week ago. 

Thought it was just down, but it has not been resolved..

I have not had an iphone for years, and back when I did I switched off imessage as instructed, long ago when starting to use att messages online.

Will this be back online?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Yep me too and it’s still not fixed.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.