Explore & discover

Helpful Links

AT&T Messages Not working?

Contributor

AT&T Messages Not working?

I recently lost my phone and the only way I have been able to keep in contact with anyone is through the AT&T Messages app on the web. Whenever I go to the website (messages.att.net) there seems to be an error and it won't allow me to log in. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 148
Mentor

Re: AT&T Messages Not working?

Does anyone have any more information on the service possibly being shut down? Perhaps one of these AT&T people who are "closely" monitoring this thread could comment?

Message 76 of 148
Contributor

Goodness I sure hope it isn't being shut down! This is a great feature not offered by others that made me choose AT&T. 

I just want to be another voice to AT&T --- please get this fixed. This is an important service to so many and for it to be down for so long really is unacceptable. 

Message 77 of 148
Mentor

AT&T just called me and said that they know about the issue and are working on it and have no plans to shut it down. They are only planning to disable it for non LTE devices (according to this guy). He says they have been working on it since Sunday (I guess that means all of 1 day). He told me to use the android app, but the android app only allows you to see the messages for that specific number, not connect to another number (for example an iphone), so pretty useless, unless someone else has an idea. I also can't find a way to forward SMS text message from my iPhone to another device, unless someone else has an idea on that?

Message 78 of 148
Mentor

Intereting info cyrusb.  What is going on with AT&T and Android?  They have a special app for those LTE devices yet your Apple and my Windows device are second nature.  Maybe they broke something on the website when they were focusing on Android.  All I hear is crickets from AT&T's end....

Message 79 of 148
Mentor

Yeah, it turns out I have a iPhone 5s and a Samsung Galaxy S4, and the messages app does indeed work on the Galaxy S4 and I can do all the functions (granted NOT the website), but it does appear to function over wifi and deliver messages that way, however you cannot connect to a different device (or more importantly phone number by logging in with different information) so I can't check my iPhone messages. Now they do say that if you have an older NON LTE android device, you are given the prompt and then you can login to different devices, but I don't have a non-lte android device on ATT to test this on. Perhaps someone else does? Obviously AT&T is no help with any of this. It would be great if they could answer some questions and help us out instead of us guessing at their product... but I guess it just shows how much they care.

Message 80 of 148
Contributor

They have now messed with the login for the ATT address book.  I would go on the address book so I could switch back and forth to keep checking on the messaging page to see if was ever coming back up.   Now I can't even log in on the address book, and it wouldn't sync with my app on the android as it was since the online messaging went down.    I thought it was just me, so glad to find this forum to know I am not being such a dumb blonde.

Message 81 of 148
Mentor

Just got off the phone with Customer Care.  the incompetent person that answered the phone didnt know what was going on, actually she didn't even know there was a website.  (goes to show you how trained they are to do their jobs)  I told her its been down for about 2 weeks and that i wanted compensation for all the time that the site has been down and she told me that i wasn't entitled to any compensation since the site is free and i don't pay for the service.  She told me that its like any other app that i can download in the play store if instagram stopped working why i could i call ATT to ask for a credit for the app not working?  I told her she apparently isn't understanding that this is their app and that it is part of their service and she told me that she wanted me to please explain to her so we could be on the same page and she could understand as well (Smart response) i told her if i pay for cable and channel 4 that i LOVE TO FREAKING WATCH isn't working i want a freaking credit for it not working.  that's what i mean (i didn't use the word freaking obviously, considering i was livid). she then later decided to be a smart butt again and "check my account to see if i am paying for the ATT messages service.  

I hate ATT.  end of story.

Message 82 of 148
Mentor

i GUESS ATT doenst notice that people have better things to do with their lives than make a stupid account on this forum to complain
Message 83 of 148
Mentor

OH forgot to mention, after she tells me that she had no clue about the site, she later tells me that it is an ongoing problem that they are aware of and they don't have an estimated time of completion
Message 84 of 148
Mentor

has everyone noticed that dimitri hasnt responded and/or given us anymore updates?

Message 85 of 148
Mentor

I lost track. It's been 12 days now right?

Message 86 of 148
Contributor

SERIOUSLY?? HOW LONG IS THIS GOING TO BE UNDER MAINTENANCE???!!! 

This application is currently under maintenance.

ITS ALWAYS UNDER MAINTENANCE!!

Message 87 of 148
Explorer

Today is day 13. 

Message 88 of 148
Mentor

I think you all forget about the december 17th outage for a few weeks...

Message 89 of 148
Mentor

This is pretty lame. 

Message 90 of 148
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support