AT&T Messages Not working?

Contributor

AT&T Messages Not working?

I recently lost my phone and the only way I have been able to keep in contact with anyone is through the AT&T Messages app on the web. Whenever I go to the website (messages.att.net) there seems to be an error and it won't allow me to log in. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Message 1 of 147 (8,985 Views)
Mentor

Re: AT&T Messages Not working?

dfwelch-Thank you for your help.  I too have a case open and expected reolution date is 4/30/2014 (per AT&T).  Good approach.  If they would honestly communicate or even communicate at all this would not be so bad for them.  I too will wait my 1/20/2014 deadline before I jump to Verizon.  I'm sure they would be happy to have a new customer.  Heck, I have AT&T for TV and Internet, somebody would be happy to take my money.

The ball is in AT&T's court.

Message 106 of 147 (2,279 Views)
Mentor

I'm about to make the switch to Verizon as well. I just need to do research and see if their site experiences similar issues and how Verizon handles it.

Message 107 of 147 (2,246 Views)
Highlighted
Tutor

I've considered changing for a few years, but decided last summer that I was happy enough with their service that I would take the new 2-year contract offer my fiance and I received to get new G S4's.

Message 108 of 147 (2,228 Views)
Tutor

Annoying that it doesn't work still. I have an overseas android phone that seems to have issues receiving MMS messages and this was my way to view them. I also liked how I was able to able to do everything from my pc.

Message 109 of 147 (1,930 Views)
Mentor

Dimitry,

What on this forum is off topic or not relevant? We are all talking about how the advertised service, a service which was sold to us during sales pitches from your sales staff in some cases, and is still advertised by your staff, is unavailable to us.

We are talking about how AT&T does not have a consistent message about what happened to this service or when it will be back.

We are talking about how your staff is so poorly trained that they most often don't even known this is a service you ever offered.

We are talking about how your company gives us NO information about what is going on.

Perhaps you can keep your customers informed on what is going on instead of just telling us to keep a relevant conversation relevant.

On an even MORE relevant topic, tell us more about the verizon messages please. Does it work well? Does it work with iPhone? Does it allow sending and receiving on the computer through the web browser from a phone number assigned to an iphone? Does anyone have screenshots or info links to post? I can't find much information on it except that it may be a android app? I think that I would be willing to leave AT&T after 20 years and cancel all 500 of my business lines with them and do the move finally. Maybe that will start to tell them to stop disrespecting their customers.

Message 110 of 147 (1,689 Views)
Mentor

[ Edited ]

Cyrusb,

You are spot on. I don't see anything that is not relevant to the topic in this thread and I've read every posts. I wasn't considering switching carriers until the lack of knowledge and disrespect from AT&T became overwhelming. Seriously, they have no idea about a service that's advertised. No one has a clue about when service will be restored. This most likely will be my last billing cycle with this company, especially if I find out that Verizon can offer the same service without the same problems. 

Message 111 of 147 (1,666 Views)
Mentor

Have you all started trying to email Dimitry directly using the email in his profile? That might wake him up. Also, how many of you have submitted to a news source?

Message 112 of 147 (1,562 Views)
Tutor

Message 113 of 147 (1,553 Views)
Tutor

I'm getting the login screen,but it won't login ..keeps saying ID/password doesn't match records..maybe were close?
Message 114 of 147 (1,551 Views)
Mentor

i dont even get a login screen. Just did a chat again and i was told that he wasnt going to give me a credit because it is a free service and all a credit does is put a bandaid on the problem not fix it.  That they needed to be focusing on fixing the problem not applying bandaids.  in other words i was SOTL

Message 115 of 147 (1,525 Views)
Mentor

cyrusb wrote:

Have you all started trying to email Dimitry directly using the email in his profile? That might wake him up. Also, how many of you have submitted to a news source?

Oh he's awake.  He's actively editing posts to keep the discussion from making ATT look too bad.  I emailing him would do anything more than posting here does.  If you want a faster response on this issue, the best thing to do will be to shame ATT on social media.  They can't manipuate the conversation there.

Message 116 of 147 (1,519 Views)
Mentor

It's working!!

Message 117 of 147 (1,485 Views)
Mentor

[ Edited ]

does anyone else think this is going to go down again? or is it jus me that thinks this? lol i guess we shall see!

ITS WORKING AGAIN!!

Message 118 of 147 (1,420 Views)
Mentor

Of course it is, it's just a matter of when.

Message 119 of 147 (1,984 Views)
Voyager

Website seems to work, but still unable to update my phone.  I updates to new Android version 4.3 three days ago and I am still unable to update to my Galaxy S III

Message 120 of 147 (1,986 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.