Need your talk or text logs?
hamielke's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, December 18th, 2013 1:38 PM

AT&T Messages Not working?

I recently lost my phone and the only way I have been able to keep in contact with anyone is through the AT&T Messages app on the web. Whenever I go to the website (messages.att.net) there seems to be an error and it won't allow me to log in. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I was promised on Friday or Saturday that today(Tuesday) was the last possible day it would be down.
I'm not very hopeful.

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

10 years ago

i guess we can keep waiting till it comes back up... apparently we might make it to a month before the site is back up and running. to think about it, dimitri still hasn't answered in this forum lol

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

10 years ago

i still find it quite amusing how many people just made accounts to post their concern about the website being down. thats crazy, and ridiculous and absurd that they haven't solved the problem loll

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Count me in as a very frustrated customer (and a AT&T legacy retiree). First time on this forum. Two days ago I was instructed to reset my android device because I had a possible bad download of the new 4.3 system. I told them that I was only concerned about loosing my contacts via the AT&T Address Book. They said it would be no problem. Now I am lost. I need those contacts. I guess I should have kept my gmail contacts updated.... but wait.....I did not pay for that! Glad to see that the NEW at&t is on top of things....."easy to do business with".

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

I was actually told that they were taking the site down permanently when I initially called AT&T customer service in the first week of the problem.  The rep couldn't find anything to support this, so I thought he was mistaken.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

No one knows anything! And if they do, they aren't spilling it. It is very sad that each one of us have been told different stories from all the reps. I utilize the benefits of the online messaging app for storage! Messages etc that I deleted off my phone, were always readily available online. I shouldve known better. If they are contemplating removing this app, why aren't they involving the customers at all? I will be lost if that's the case:/

Mentor

• 

19 Messages

10 years ago

Verizon Wireless has a working website for there texting....just like AT&T did.  For me it's worth a look to see what Verizon has to offer.  Hopefully their customer service and technicians have a clue on how to handle issues and customers.  Thumbs down to AT&T.

And by the way, AT&T is still advertising their fake texting from your computer.

[Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Well, I guess I will have to check into another carrier. I think its a sad life, when the customer's weren't even warned that this maintenance was going to happen. I work in a job where I NEED my messages saved. Guess I should have backed them up.....

Mentor

• 

29 Messages

10 years ago

How about we get an answer?  It's apparently been weeks and lots of people are still waiting.

[inappropriate content removed]

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hey guys, I just want to remind everybody to keep it relevant and appropriate. Discussions of legal matters or moderator's actions are not permitted per Community Guidelines.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.