For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
hamielke's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, December 18th, 2013 1:38 PM

AT&T Messages Not working?

I recently lost my phone and the only way I have been able to keep in contact with anyone is through the AT&T Messages app on the web. Whenever I go to the website (messages.att.net) there seems to be an error and it won't allow me to log in. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

10 years ago

has anyone actually reported to CNN or FOX news?

Mentor

• 

28 Messages

10 years ago

I created an account for the same reason. And I'm going to report to CNN as soon as I get off work in 3 hours.

Mentor

• 

19 Messages

10 years ago

Went to an AT&T store over the weekend just for kicks.  When I asked about the website they said it was their understanding the site is being shut down. 

Yet another twist in the AT&T game....what is the truth anymore?

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

Did the live chat on Thursday and talked to a Jethro Jean and he kept giving me the info about the application that is listed on the the after ignoring my question of when it will be back up and going back and forth for 30 minutes he finally said it would be back up in 24 to 48 hours. 96 hours later it's still not up!!!

Mentor

• 

21 Messages

10 years ago

Does anyone have any more information on the service possibly being shut down? Perhaps one of these AT&T people who are "closely" monitoring this thread could comment?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Goodness I sure hope it isn't being shut down! This is a great feature not offered by others that made me choose AT&T. 

I just want to be another voice to AT&T --- please get this fixed. This is an important service to so many and for it to be down for so long really is unacceptable. 

Mentor

• 

21 Messages

10 years ago

AT&T just called me and said that they know about the issue and are working on it and have no plans to shut it down. They are only planning to disable it for non LTE devices (according to this guy). He says they have been working on it since Sunday (I guess that means all of 1 day). He told me to use the android app, but the android app only allows you to see the messages for that specific number, not connect to another number (for example an iphone), so pretty useless, unless someone else has an idea. I also can't find a way to forward SMS text message from my iPhone to another device, unless someone else has an idea on that?

Mentor

• 

19 Messages

10 years ago

Intereting info cyrusb.  What is going on with AT&T and Android?  They have a special app for those LTE devices yet your Apple and my Windows device are second nature.  Maybe they broke something on the website when they were focusing on Android.  All I hear is crickets from AT&T's end....

Mentor

• 

21 Messages

10 years ago

Yeah, it turns out I have a iPhone 5s and a Samsung Galaxy S4, and the messages app does indeed work on the Galaxy S4 and I can do all the functions (granted NOT the website), but it does appear to function over wifi and deliver messages that way, however you cannot connect to a different device (or more importantly phone number by logging in with different information) so I can't check my iPhone messages. Now they do say that if you have an older NON LTE android device, you are given the prompt and then you can login to different devices, but I don't have a non-lte android device on ATT to test this on. Perhaps someone else does? Obviously AT&T is no help with any of this. It would be great if they could answer some questions and help us out instead of us guessing at their product... but I guess it just shows how much they care.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

They have now messed with the login for the ATT address book.  I would go on the address book so I could switch back and forth to keep checking on the messaging page to see if was ever coming back up.   Now I can't even log in on the address book, and it wouldn't sync with my app on the android as it was since the online messaging went down.    I thought it was just me, so glad to find this forum to know I am not being such a dumb blonde.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.