Explore & discover

Helpful Links

AT&T Free Msg Text Message

Contributor

AT&T Free Msg Text Message

I've received the following test message from the following text number 93639452:  "AT&T Free Msg:  We have an important message for the AT&T account holder.  Are you financially responsible for this AT&T account?  If yes, reply 1 and press send to receive message."

Anyone know if this is valid?

Message 1 of 6
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by tacurry1
‎04-12-2018 5:06 AM

Re: AT&T Free Msg Text Message

No, that is a phishing scam. ATT does not send messages like that plus they already know which number is financially responsible for any account.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 6
Contributor

Other than blocking that number, is there something I should do to my phone to protect it?

Message 3 of 6
Contributor

Just received the following txt message from number 93639452: AT@T Free Msg: We were unable to process your recent payment. Please contact us at 800-947-5096 or 611 to update your information so your payment may be processed.

Phishing scam?

Message 4 of 6
ACE - Expert

@marigo Did you have a recent payment and did it process? That seems pretty easy to verify and since the text is asking you to call, it sounds legit. I don’t know about that 800 number and I would not call that but 611 will get you customer support.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 6
Contributor

Thank you for help! I called 611 (didn't know it was the customer support number), and there appeared to be a technical problem. I got suspicious though in the beginning because the txt message number was not the same as I get AT&T updates from.

Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support