Explore & discover

Helpful Links

AT&T Free Msg Text Message

Contributor

AT&T Free Msg Text Message

I've received the following test message from the following text number 93639452:  "AT&T Free Msg:  We have an important message for the AT&T account holder.  Are you financially responsible for this AT&T account?  If yes, reply 1 and press send to receive message."

Anyone know if this is valid?

Message 1 of 8
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by tacurry1
‎04-12-2018 5:06 AM

Re: AT&T Free Msg Text Message

No, that is a phishing scam. ATT does not send messages like that plus they already know which number is financially responsible for any account.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 8
Contributor

Other than blocking that number, is there something I should do to my phone to protect it?

Message 3 of 8
Highlighted
Contributor

Just received the following txt message from number 93639452: AT@T Free Msg: We were unable to process your recent payment. Please contact us at 800-947-5096 or 611 to update your information so your payment may be processed.

Phishing scam?

Message 4 of 8
ACE - Expert

@marigo Did you have a recent payment and did it process? That seems pretty easy to verify and since the text is asking you to call, it sounds legit. I don’t know about that 800 number and I would not call that but 611 will get you customer support.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 8
Contributor

Thank you for help! I called 611 (didn't know it was the customer support number), and there appeared to be a technical problem. I got suspicious though in the beginning because the txt message number was not the same as I get AT&T updates from.

Message 6 of 8
Tutor

You could get the FREE feature call "AT&T Call Protect" it blocks scam and phishing, collect calls as well -

Message 7 of 8
Contributor

Hello, I received message on Viber from your number. You text me for some money and told to contact you. What's that?

Message 8 of 8
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...

Are you Missing Your BOGO Credits? If so, QuarryRye can you help figure out what happened and what to do about it!

Additional Support