Need your talk or text logs?
nrguste's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, October 17th, 2014 10:03 AM

10GB "Double the Data" promotion? We are Left Out

The ones with 10GB family plan SHOULD have been included in October 2014 "double data promotion" without upgrading to 15GB plan which costs an extra $30 a month.WE ARE LOYAL ATT CUSTOMERS.We deserve some promo like that without extra cost !

[Subject edited for better exposure]

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

9 years ago

Hello everyone, We have good news for you, AT&T's new promotion is offering 15GB of data for the price of 10! A forum discussion is happening here , and an official announcement is located over here.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

10 years ago

AMEN!!!

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

why would ATT do that to there most popular teir?  The extra 22.50 was worth it to me.  I have fan discount.

its a no brainer if you can afford it.  $6.50 per gig on the 15gig plan with double data and 10 a gig on the 10gig plan.  

The promo was done to make people spend more money.

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

10 years ago

Those of us on a 10GB Mobile Share plan are already getting a huge discount, why do we deserve more?

Look at the price for the 6GB Mobile Share plan with 2 smartphones: $80 (data) + $25 (smartphone) + $25 (smartphone) = $130 (total). Now compare to the 10GB mobile Share plan with 2 smartphones: $100 (data) + $15 (smartphone) + $15 (smartphone) = $130 (total). By making this comparison, you now see that those of us on the 10GB data plan are getting a huge discount and paying the same as a user on the 6GB data plan (with 2 smartphones).

To echo your logic, why didn't AT&T offer everyone double the data? All the way down to the customers on the 300MB data plan? I suspect the answer is that the purpose is to entice customers to enroll in a slightly higher data plan, but that is only a guess on my part.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

I see AT&T extended their double data free for the 15Gb+ customers.  And starting today, they are now offering 50% more data free for the 2Gb and 4Gb customers.   What about us 10Gb customers?

Verizon starting today is increasing their $100/10Gb customers to 15Gb for free.  Or I have the option to stay at 10Gb for $80 which would be a $20/month savings.   They are also offering $150 billing credit per line for new customers.    That is $750 credit for me with 5 lines.

I called AT&T customer service this morning and spoke with two different people.  Neither could do anything other than offer me the 15Gb plan for $30/month more.  AT&T is my next highest bill behind my mortgage payment.  I don't want to increase my plan for $30 at this time.  

I'm about to jump ship.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Is At & T intentionally trying to hurt, ignore and punish FAMILIES and individuals with the 10 gig data Plan? All the other data plans 2, 4, 15 etc gig data plans are going to be DOUBLED in their Promo ending November 15, EXCEPT the 10 gig plan! Does AT & T care about Families?

Guru

• 

321 Messages

9 years ago

It's only the 15gb plan that is doubled to 30gb, not the other family plans !

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

9 years ago

So they are not doubling data on the lower plans but they are offering more data for the same price. The 2GB plan goes to 3GB and the 4GB plan goes to 6GB. Yes, I'd love to see more data for the same price on the 10GB plan too but if you compute the per GB price, the 10GB plan is still a better value than the 3 or 6 GB plans. The 3GB plan works out to a little more than $13 per GB and the 6GB plan costs about $11 per GB compared to $10 per GB with the 10GB plan. Also, don't forget those lower plans only get a $15 device discount for devices out of contract compared to the $25 discount for the 10GB and higher plans.

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

9 years ago

The other carriers are offing "deals" like this for one reason, to lure customers away from AT&T.  THey need to offer promotions like this te get customers to switch from AT&T, so they do that.  AT&T doesn't need to offer excessive promotions to get customers to switch to them, so they don't.

I hope that you find the other carriers give you everythign they claim in their offers when you switch, and that they have no hidden charges and as good of coverage as you need.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.