Explore & discover

Helpful Links

10GB "Double the Data" promotion? We are Left Out

Highlighted
Contributor

10GB "Double the Data" promotion? We are Left Out

The ones with 10GB family plan SHOULD have been included in October 2014 "double data promotion" without upgrading to 15GB plan which costs an extra $30 a month.WE ARE LOYAL ATT CUSTOMERS.We deserve some promo like that without extra cost !

[Subject edited for better exposure]

Message 1 of 28
Teacher

Re: We are Left Out

AMEN!!!

Message 2 of 28
ACE - Expert

why would ATT do that to there most popular teir?  The extra 22.50 was worth it to me.  I have fan discount.

its a no brainer if you can afford it.  $6.50 per gig on the 15gig plan with double data and 10 a gig on the 10gig plan.  

The promo was done to make people spend more money.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 28
Master

Those of us on a 10GB Mobile Share plan are already getting a huge discount, why do we deserve more?

Look at the price for the 6GB Mobile Share plan with 2 smartphones: $80 (data) + $25 (smartphone) + $25 (smartphone) = $130 (total). Now compare to the 10GB mobile Share plan with 2 smartphones: $100 (data) + $15 (smartphone) + $15 (smartphone) = $130 (total). By making this comparison, you now see that those of us on the 10GB data plan are getting a huge discount and paying the same as a user on the 6GB data plan (with 2 smartphones).

To echo your logic, why didn't AT&T offer everyone double the data? All the way down to the customers on the 300MB data plan? I suspect the answer is that the purpose is to entice customers to enroll in a slightly higher data plan, but that is only a guess on my part.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

Message 4 of 28
Tutor

I am reading these forums and I am curious why you and Geekboy keep trolling these forums questioning what everyone is questioning which is why the 10gb is the only plan to not recieve a bump. It appears to me ATT has plenty of bandwidth if they are giving the high and low tiers data increases. The 10 gb should not be excluded.

Fortunately for us customers, ATT at some point will have no choice but to offer more data. Verizon, Sprint, and Tmobile are cheaper and offer more data than ATT and sooner or later ATT will have to respond whether they like it or not.

Bring the savings ON DATA WARS!!!!

Message 13 of 28
ACE - Professor

GeekBoy wrote:
Those of us on a 10GB Mobile Share plan are already getting a huge discount, why do we deserve more?

Look at the price for the 6GB Mobile Share plan with 2 smartphones: $80 (data) + $25 (smartphone) + $25 (smartphone) = $130 (total). Now compare to the 10GB mobile Share plan with 2 smartphones: $100 (data) + $15 (smartphone) + $15 (smartphone) = $130 (total). By making this comparison, you now see that those of us on the 10GB data plan are getting a huge discount and paying the same as a user on the 6GB data plan (with 2 smartphones).

To echo your logic, why didn't AT&T offer everyone double the data? All the way down to the customers on the 300MB data plan? I suspect the answer is that the purpose is to entice customers to enroll in a slightly higher data plan, but that is only a guess on my part.

In case nobody knows,  a sales rep at my local AT&T Corperate Store told today, Sunday, November 2, the price of 6 GB Mobile Share Plan  will same price as 4 GB Mobile Share $70.00. I had 4 gb plan, so I switched to 6GB online.Smiley Wink

Hardcore Pittsburgh Steelers Fan
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 14 of 28
Contributor

10 gig data plan, no increase?!!

Is At & T intentionally trying to hurt, ignore and punish FAMILIES and individuals with the 10 gig data Plan? All the other data plans 2, 4, 15 etc gig data plans are going to be DOUBLED in their Promo ending November 15, EXCEPT the 10 gig plan! Does AT & T care about Families?
Message 6 of 28
Scholar

Re: 10 gig data plan, no increase?!!

It's only the 15gb plan that is doubled to 30gb, not the other family plans !

Message 7 of 28
Contributor

Message 8 of 28
ACE - Expert

So they are not doubling data on the lower plans but they are offering more data for the same price. The 2GB plan goes to 3GB and the 4GB plan goes to 6GB. Yes, I'd love to see more data for the same price on the 10GB plan too but if you compute the per GB price, the 10GB plan is still a better value than the 3 or 6 GB plans. The 3GB plan works out to a little more than $13 per GB and the 6GB plan costs about $11 per GB compared to $10 per GB with the 10GB plan. Also, don't forget those lower plans only get a $15 device discount for devices out of contract compared to the $25 discount for the 10GB and higher plans.
Message 9 of 28
Scholar

Thanks for the link. It isn't posted on the ATT website yet.

Message 11 of 28

They have been increasing the 10gb to 20gb for a select few, I can 100% verify this.

I'm not so lucky, and honestly they have increased every plan but the 10gb, sorry I feel it's a slap in the face to loyal customers. At&t keeps telling me if I want more data then just pay more, I have paid more for 7 years and now I want better features, I paid for 3g in my area when there was only Edge for 4 years, so I feel I've paid my dues here.

Message 12 of 28

After a long phone call, I'm told that I cannot have the extra data as a number of people have been able to get, they are sorry but too many wanted the 20gb instead of 10gb at $100 a month so they will miss me if I leave. I'm very very upset that others get this increase and I'm left with overages that can happen. A GSM phone competitor is offering family plan that would cost me $160 a month 4 lines, 1st line unlimited data, lines 2 to 4 3gb LTE with 3g data when the 3gb is used up no overages charged, and ETF up to 350 a line, more than enough to cover the cost of ET with At&t................. What to do?

Message 15 of 28

GeekBoy wrote:

Becuase At&t offered 20gb at the 10gb price to a select few during October, all you had to do was call and say your leaving, and they did it within seconds......... Besides I pay 160 month for 4 phones 10gb share, I pay for 4 phones with Tmobile with Unlimited data one and 3 with 9gb for 160 a month, so how is At&t the leader here? How are they competitive?

Stop acting like you know so much.

Message 16 of 28

Thanks for alienating your 10Gb customers by now increasing data for your lower tier customers too.

I see AT&T extended their double data free for the 15Gb+ customers.  And starting today, they are now offering 50% more data free for the 2Gb and 4Gb customers.   What about us 10Gb customers?

Verizon starting today is increasing their $100/10Gb customers to 15Gb for free.  Or I have the option to stay at 10Gb for $80 which would be a $20/month savings.   They are also offering $150 billing credit per line for new customers.    That is $750 credit for me with 5 lines.

I called AT&T customer service this morning and spoke with two different people.  Neither could do anything other than offer me the 15Gb plan for $30/month more.  AT&T is my next highest bill behind my mortgage payment.  I don't want to increase my plan for $30 at this time.  

I'm about to jump ship.

Message 5 of 28
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support