Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Community

Posted Jan 17, 2013
9:23:45 PM
using the direct t tv app to record shows while im away.

I just wanted to tell everyone thanks!!!that work great.  I was having issues trying to record shows from my Iphone 5.  What i done to fix it is that you go under equipment and change the location.  Anything that is not an HDDVR , you put the letter "Z" in front of it.  For ex:  "ZBedroom".  Wait 10 minutes and unistall and reinstall the direct tv app.  Before you reinstall, wait 10 minutes.  After that it work great for me.

Thanks again!!  Too bad that the tech people don't how to do it

I just wanted to tell everyone thanks!!!that work great.  I was having issues trying to record shows from my Iphone 5.  What i done to fix it is that you go under equipment and change the location.  Anything that is not an HDDVR , you put the letter "Z" in front of it.  For ex:  "ZBedroom".  Wait 10 minutes and unistall and reinstall the direct tv app.  Before you reinstall, wait 10 minutes.  After that it work great for me.

Thanks again!!  Too bad that the tech people don't how to do it

using the direct t tv app to record shows while im away.

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 13, 2014 7:51:47 PM
(0)
Contributor

This is is a bullshit hack way of solving your problem.

This is is a bullshit hack way of solving your problem.

Re: using the direct t tv app to record shows while im away.

2 of 4 (0 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 13, 2014 8:02:57 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Well, that was a glitch that DirecTV® was having back then which has been fixed since then

Well, that was a glitch that DirecTV® was having back then which has been fixed since then

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 4 (0 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 13, 2014 11:01:57 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Hopefully you noticed that this post was 18 months old.  The problem was solved long ago.

Hopefully you noticed that this post was 18 months old.  The problem was solved long ago.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 4 (0 Views)