Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Dec 30, 2013
11:07:38 AM
software

model R15 wont load software. Stuck on0% complete. cannott watch tv. tried everything.

model R15 wont load software. Stuck on0% complete. cannott watch tv. tried everything.

software

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 30, 2013 11:14:33 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Need more info ...

Did this R15 work previously?

Has anything changed with your equipment or setup?

Do you have other Receivers/DVRs?  Are they working normally?

What type of satellite dish do you have?

Have you tried resetting the R15 (red button behind front panel access card door)?

Need more info ...

Did this R15 work previously?

Has anything changed with your equipment or setup?

Do you have other Receivers/DVRs?  Are they working normally?

What type of satellite dish do you have?

Have you tried resetting the R15 (red button behind front panel access card door)?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: software

2 of 8 (10 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 30, 2013 1:15:57 PM
(0)
Expert

Some of the R15 models don't have the software in the stream.  See link.

DirecTV Firmware Watcher

Some of the R15 models don't have the software in the stream.  See link.

DirecTV Firmware Watcher

3 of 8 (10 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 30, 2013 7:15:26 PM
(0)
Tutor

-yes this receiver worked and is working other than downloading software. It never goes past 0% then will time out after 60 minutes. Then I am able to view the channels just fine till the pop up wants to load software again. If I don't say no fast enough it will try to load and just sits at 0% then fails. this will try 3 times before allowing me to view the channels again, about 60 minutes. This has been going on for about 3 weeks now.

-I do have another receiver that we watch just fine with no issues. Located in another room.

-I've tried resetting the red button, unplugging input power for 5 minutes and swapping cables.

-I have a model R15 MFR300

-yes this receiver worked and is working other than downloading software. It never goes past 0% then will time out after 60 minutes. Then I am able to view the channels just fine till the pop up wants to load software again. If I don't say no fast enough it will try to load and just sits at 0% then fails. this will try 3 times before allowing me to view the channels again, about 60 minutes. This has been going on for about 3 weeks now.

-I do have another receiver that we watch just fine with no issues. Located in another room.

-I've tried resetting the red button, unplugging input power for 5 minutes and swapping cables.

-I have a model R15 MFR300

4 of 8 (10 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 30, 2013 7:23:37 PM
(0)
Employee

the DVR might be defective. 

Call DirecTV to request a replacement Receiver/DVR.  It's free if you have their Equipment Protection Plan, or within 90-days of installation.  Otherwise ~$20 for shipping.  Or ~$50 to have a tech come replace it for you.

the DVR might be defective. 

Call DirecTV to request a replacement Receiver/DVR.  It's free if you have their Equipment Protection Plan, or within 90-days of installation.  Otherwise ~$20 for shipping.  Or ~$50 to have a tech come replace it for you.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 8 (10 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 30, 2013 7:50:50 PM
(0)
Tutor

Thank you.

I just was on the phone with Alice from Direct TV. I wish she would have suggested the replacement receiver. She is sending someone out to look at it on Wednesday. I would have went with the receiver rather than waste some ones time.

Thank you.

I just was on the phone with Alice from Direct TV. I wish she would have suggested the replacement receiver. She is sending someone out to look at it on Wednesday. I would have went with the receiver rather than waste some ones time.

6 of 8 (10 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 31, 2013 3:35:54 AM
(0)
Expert

The R15-300 doesn't have it's software available according to the link.  This may be a silly question, but are you positive it's the R15 and not some other device seeking a software update?

The R15-300 doesn't have it's software available according to the link.  This may be a silly question, but are you positive it's the R15 and not some other device seeking a software update?

7 of 8 (10 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 31, 2013 10:14:51 AM
(0)
Tutor

Model R15 MFR 300 RID-0008 6264 3723

Model R15 MFR 300 RID-0008 6264 3723

8 of 8 (10 Views)