Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Apr 15, 2014
4:18:03 PM
View profile
should I upgrade to hr44 or is there a newer receiver coming out in near future?

I have an hr34 now. I am up for an upgrade. should I upgrade to the hr44 or is there a newer receiver coming out soon>

thanks

Richard

I have an hr34 now. I am up for an upgrade. should I upgrade to the hr44 or is there a newer receiver coming out soon>

thanks

Richard

should I upgrade to hr44 or is there a newer receiver coming out in near future?

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 15, 2014 4:32:47 PM
(0)
Guru

Thats not really an upgrade in the reality that they are both

A whole home dvr.

Thats not really an upgrade in the reality that they are both

A whole home dvr.

Re: should I upgrade to hr44 or is there a newer receiver coming out in near future?

2 of 9 (115 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 15, 2014 4:43:50 PM
(0)
Professor

DTV considers the HR34 and HR44 as functionally the same and cannot guaranty with one you will get, the only way to get an HR44 is thru a dealer at the full lease price.

DTV doesn't tell us if there is a newer receiver coming out or when.

DTV considers the HR34 and HR44 as functionally the same and cannot guaranty with one you will get, the only way to get an HR44 is thru a dealer at the full lease price.

DTV doesn't tell us if there is a newer receiver coming out or when.

Re: should I upgrade to hr44 or is there a newer receiver coming out in near future?

3 of 9 (115 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 15, 2014 5:30:29 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Yes, if you have an HR34 you will NOT get the HR44. As shannon says, they are both Genies and DirecTv considers them equivalent.

Yes, if you have an HR34 you will NOT get the HR44. As shannon says, they are both Genies and DirecTv considers them equivalent.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 9 (115 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 17, 2014 6:33:36 AM
(0)
Administrator

You can specificly request a hr44, but you must have very good reason, as to why you think it functions "better" not just because "it's the newest and best" If you provide good enough reason, you can request it through a csr, inwhich they have to escalate it to a team leader, who then escalates it through directv. It's a long drawn out process, and not always acknowledged. kind of like applying for the DNS local channels in the 300's channels.

You can specificly request a hr44, but you must have very good reason, as to why you think it functions "better" not just because "it's the newest and best" If you provide good enough reason, you can request it through a csr, inwhich they have to escalate it to a team leader, who then escalates it through directv. It's a long drawn out process, and not always acknowledged. kind of like applying for the DNS local channels in the 300's channels.

5 of 9 (115 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 17, 2014 9:17:30 AM
(0)
Expert

jennykeatty wrote:

You can specificly request a hr44, but you must have very good reason

In the time that both the HR34 and HR44 has been available, we've seen dozens of requests to update.  And, in not one case have we read where someone was shipped a HR44 as a result of the request.  We have seen a number of cases where a field tech replaced with a HR44.  Not sure it makes good advice to encourage folks to seek something that is near to impossible to accomplish.

jennykeatty wrote:

You can specificly request a hr44, but you must have very good reason

In the time that both the HR34 and HR44 has been available, we've seen dozens of requests to update.  And, in not one case have we read where someone was shipped a HR44 as a result of the request.  We have seen a number of cases where a field tech replaced with a HR44.  Not sure it makes good advice to encourage folks to seek something that is near to impossible to accomplish.

6 of 9 (115 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 17, 2014 9:35:36 AM
(0)
Administrator

"It's a long drawn out process, and not always acknowledged."

I know, that's why i had put that in there. most the csr's don't even realize it's "Possible"

"It's a long drawn out process, and not always acknowledged."

I know, that's why i had put that in there. most the csr's don't even realize it's "Possible"

7 of 9 (115 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 17, 2014 1:44:43 PM
(0)
Tutor

I could get the HR44 to replace my 34 with no problem at all. If I don't go with Dish Network in the near future, I will be getting the HR44 for free.

I could get the HR44 to replace my 34 with no problem at all. If I don't go with Dish Network in the near future, I will be getting the HR44 for free.

8 of 9 (115 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 18, 2014 10:09:41 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Unless you are in some special category, no you can't get an HR44 to replace an HR34.

Unless you are in some special category, no you can't get an HR44 to replace an HR34.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

9 of 9 (115 Views)