Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Jan 29, 2014
4:56:50 PM
no local guide on HR44/500 in living room only.

the genie is 23 days old everything worked fine until 4 or 5 days ago, then we lost local program guide, it displays to be announced,

the local guide inf. is present on the hd dvr in the bedroom,  it has been reset, over 48 hours ago, and been re authorized, to no success,.

the channels view fine, signal strength is good, this also seems to happened at app. the same time that the bar at the bottom changed from the colored dots for 12 hour advance and delete etc. to the left and right arrow and dash for delete.

the genie is 23 days old everything worked fine until 4 or 5 days ago, then we lost local program guide, it displays to be announced,

the local guide inf. is present on the hd dvr in the bedroom,  it has been reset, over 48 hours ago, and been re authorized, to no success,.

the channels view fine, signal strength is good, this also seems to happened at app. the same time that the bar at the bottom changed from the colored dots for 12 hour advance and delete etc. to the left and right arrow and dash for delete.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 29, 2014 5:31:52 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Do a double reset in a 30 minute window.  This dumps the old guide data cache and builds a new one form scratch

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

no local guide on HR44/500 in living room only.

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 29, 2014 5:31:52 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Do a double reset in a 30 minute window.  This dumps the old guide data cache and builds a new one form scratch

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: no local guide on HR44/500 in living room only.

2 of 6 (12 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 29, 2014 6:04:38 PM
(0)
Tutor

Thank you, I assume your referring to a reset twice in a 30 minute period ?

Thank you, I assume your referring to a reset twice in a 30 minute period ?

3 of 6 (12 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 29, 2014 6:11:47 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Correct, reset, once it gets to live TV, reset again

Correct, reset, once it gets to live TV, reset again

4 of 6 (12 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 30, 2014 9:38:56 AM
(0)
Tutor

Thank you. I was able to do the double reset late last night, I reset and waited for live tv to return then reset again. it took a little more time on the second reset, which told me it had cleared and was building a new guide list.  everything is back to normal.

I would have to assume that the changes made to the system are to retain the guide information in the case of a power disconnect or failure. as opposed to the older systems took longer to re establish the guide list every time the power went out, but would build a new list with a single reset.

What amazes me is the tech, over the phone couldn't tell me anything about this, but rolled right into a $ 7.99 a month service contract, and then explained about me having to pay a $ 49.00 service call for a installer to come out if the full guide didn't return in 24 to 48 hours.

Thank you. I was able to do the double reset late last night, I reset and waited for live tv to return then reset again. it took a little more time on the second reset, which told me it had cleared and was building a new guide list.  everything is back to normal.

I would have to assume that the changes made to the system are to retain the guide information in the case of a power disconnect or failure. as opposed to the older systems took longer to re establish the guide list every time the power went out, but would build a new list with a single reset.

What amazes me is the tech, over the phone couldn't tell me anything about this, but rolled right into a $ 7.99 a month service contract, and then explained about me having to pay a $ 49.00 service call for a installer to come out if the full guide didn't return in 24 to 48 hours.

5 of 6 (12 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 30, 2014 9:45:21 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Awesome.  Thanks for the update.

**Click the "Helpful Answer" star on the left to say 'Thanks'**

***Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Correct' if it solves your problem.

Awesome.  Thanks for the update.

**Click the "Helpful Answer" star on the left to say 'Thanks'**

***Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Correct' if it solves your problem.

6 of 6 (12 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments