Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Oct 1, 2013
2:58:53 PM
loosing audio/video intermittent

DTV came out in the summer due to loosing audio/video, it's come back Tried resetting receiver with remote, wouldn't reset. I had to take the card out & reinsert then it worked. My wife told me it happens often, if she leaves it alone after 2hrs it comes back on. DTV says it's the tv, Sony says no. DTV says let's upgrade. If i upgrade then it's not the tv right? Their hesistant about sending a tech out since the other tech said it's a tv issue.

DTV came out in the summer due to loosing audio/video, it's come back Tried resetting receiver with remote, wouldn't reset. I had to take the card out & reinsert then it worked. My wife told me it happens often, if she leaves it alone after 2hrs it comes back on. DTV says it's the tv, Sony says no. DTV says let's upgrade. If i upgrade then it's not the tv right? Their hesistant about sending a tech out since the other tech said it's a tv issue.

loosing audio/video intermittent

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 1, 2013 4:04:55 PM
(0)
Scholar

Have you tried changing cabling? like go from HDMI cable to component. Or try connecting the receiver to a different TV using the same cable and see if you get the same issue.

Have you tried changing cabling? like go from HDMI cable to component. Or try connecting the receiver to a different TV using the same cable and see if you get the same issue.

Re: loosing audio/video intermittent

2 of 9 (6 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 1, 2013 4:13:56 PM
(0)
Scholar

yes

>

yes

>

3 of 9 (6 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 1, 2013 5:29:27 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

What model Receiver/DVR do you have?

How is its video/audio OUT connected to your TV?  Or is it connected to a surround receiver?  How?

What model Receiver/DVR do you have?

How is its video/audio OUT connected to your TV?  Or is it connected to a surround receiver?  How?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 9 (6 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 1, 2013 5:37:21 PM
(0)
Scholar

HR 24-100. DTV insists it's  tv issue but will send a tech out for $49.95 yet I have the protection plan. Why should I pay that if they say it's my tv & not DTV? I'm confused.

>

HR 24-100. DTV insists it's  tv issue but will send a tech out for $49.95 yet I have the protection plan. Why should I pay that if they say it's my tv & not DTV? I'm confused.

>

5 of 9 (6 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 1, 2013 10:54:06 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 9 (6 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 2, 2013 2:55:17 AM
(0)
Expert

This is a technical help forum.  In order to assist you we need to be able to "see" your system.  Please, answer Litzdog's questions.  The behavior you describe can sometimes be cause by the use of a HDMI cable or connection to a audio receiver.  Tell us how your system is connected.

This is a technical help forum.  In order to assist you we need to be able to "see" your system.  Please, answer Litzdog's questions.  The behavior you describe can sometimes be cause by the use of a HDMI cable or connection to a audio receiver.  Tell us how your system is connected.

7 of 9 (6 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 2, 2013 6:42:32 PM
(0)
Scholar

Connected by hdmi cable. No other componets.

>

Connected by hdmi cable. No other componets.

>

8 of 9 (6 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 2, 2013 6:47:27 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Sounds like you have an "HDMI handshake" issue.   You might try using Component Video cables (red, blue, green RCA cables) instead of HDMI as a test.  Also, check Sony's web site to see if there's a firmware update for your TV.   Also check the relevant thread for your Sony HDTV at http://www.avsforum.com

Sounds like you have an "HDMI handshake" issue.   You might try using Component Video cables (red, blue, green RCA cables) instead of HDMI as a test.  Also, check Sony's web site to see if there's a firmware update for your TV.   Also check the relevant thread for your Sony HDTV at http://www.avsforum.com

9 of 9 (6 Views)