Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Mar 1, 2014
9:37:48 AM
View profile
is there any kind of bypass for a DVR that just keeps rebooting every couple of mins?

Had a power outage then my DVR went to the green screen now all it does is reboot itself as soon as it gets to a screen that says "updating DVR service this could take up to an hour" sits there for about 1 min then reboots again, this is an old D3 unit is there anyway to get the data off the hard drive if the unit is dead, My unit does have USB ports on the back of it . i have a lot of rare shows on my unit that can't be replaced and are not on the web

Had a power outage then my DVR went to the green screen now all it does is reboot itself as soon as it gets to a screen that says "updating DVR service this could take up to an hour" sits there for about 1 min then reboots again, this is an old D3 unit is there anyway to get the data off the hard drive if the unit is dead, My unit does have USB ports on the back of it . i have a lot of rare shows on my unit that can't be replaced and are not on the web

is there any kind of bypass for a DVR that just keeps rebooting every couple of mins?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 1, 2014 10:05:02 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

"D3"?   Is that the complete model number?  Look for the full label behind the front panel access card door, or on the rear panel.

Most likely your hard drive is toast.  You'll need to call DirecTV to request a replacement.  It's free if you have their Equipment Protection Plan.  Otherwise ~$20 for shipping.

"D3"?   Is that the complete model number?  Look for the full label behind the front panel access card door, or on the rear panel.

Most likely your hard drive is toast.  You'll need to call DirecTV to request a replacement.  It's free if you have their Equipment Protection Plan.  Otherwise ~$20 for shipping.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: is there any kind of bypass for a DVR that just keeps rebooting every couple of mins?

2 of 3 (7 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 1, 2014 10:05:56 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Oh, and there's no way to recover recordings from the DVR's hard drive.   And even if there were a procedure, it wouldn't work with a dead/defective drive.

Oh, and there's no way to recover recordings from the DVR's hard drive.   And even if there were a procedure, it wouldn't work with a dead/defective drive.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: is there any kind of bypass for a DVR that just keeps rebooting every couple of mins?

3 of 3 (7 Views)