Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Sep 17, 2013
10:48:43 AM
View profile
hr44 pandora and youtube missing

I upgraded to a Genie HR44/700 and 3 mini clients on 8/13/2013. With my old HD DVR, I had YouTub and Pandora. Since the time the Genie has been installed Pandora and YouTube have been absent from the Extras screen. I have read all the threads I can find on this, most of them over a year old and many are unresolved. 5 days ago I did restart the Genie with nothing new yet. I do not wish to reset the receiver as I have have many programs scheduled via Series Manager and manual scheduling.

When I press '-' I see: SWiM Connected and Internet Connected.

Here is some of the System Info

HR44/700

Software 0x740 8/13

WMN Firmware 2.0.24

SWM Library 2.0.24

Completion Code 9953

Zip Code 00000

Wireless Signal Strength - Excellent

I can and have download VOD programs.

What can I do about this?

I upgraded to a Genie HR44/700 and 3 mini clients on 8/13/2013. With my old HD DVR, I had YouTub and Pandora. Since the time the Genie has been installed Pandora and YouTube have been absent from the Extras screen. I have read all the threads I can find on this, most of them over a year old and many are unresolved. 5 days ago I did restart the Genie with nothing new yet. I do not wish to reset the receiver as I have have many programs scheduled via Series Manager and manual scheduling.

When I press '-' I see: SWiM Connected and Internet Connected.

Here is some of the System Info

HR44/700

Software 0x740 8/13

WMN Firmware 2.0.24

SWM Library 2.0.24

Completion Code 9953

Zip Code 00000

Wireless Signal Strength - Excellent

I can and have download VOD programs.

What can I do about this?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Oct 4, 2013 12:56:26 PM
(0)
Teacher

Well now 18 days after I did the 2 red button resets in a 30 minute window, I now have YouTube.It wasn't working yesterday; today it is. I have done nothing except for the 2 red button resets 18 days ago. 

Wow, it only took them 18 days to fire it up. Amazing. 

Accepted Solution

hr44 pandora and youtube missing

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2013 12:39:53 PM
(0)
Employee
You might want to do 2 red buttton resets in a 30 minute window.  This will start to rebuild all of the guide data.  then give it about 24 hours for Pandora to download.  

You might want to do 2 red buttton resets in a 30 minute window.  This will start to rebuild all of the guide data.  then give it about 24 hours for Pandora to download.  

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: hr44 pandora and youtube missing

2 of 5 (158 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 18, 2013 3:58:54 AM
(0)
Expert

Note that resetting the Genie via the red button inside the card door will not delete any recordings or change any settings.  It's akin to restarting a computer, it simply gives the system a fresh configuration.

Note that resetting twice in 30 minutes will "flush" the guide data in order to force the DVR to build a fresh copy.

Note that resetting the Genie via the red button inside the card door will not delete any recordings or change any settings.  It's akin to restarting a computer, it simply gives the system a fresh configuration.

Note that resetting twice in 30 minutes will "flush" the guide data in order to force the DVR to build a fresh copy.

3 of 5 (158 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 27, 2013 11:33:50 AM
(0)
Teacher

I did the 2 red button resets in a 30 minute window a week ago. One day later Pandora came back and is working properly.

I still don't have YouTube. There is a grayed out YouTube icon on the Extras screen and you can select it but when you make any selections you get the "There was a problem connecting to the internet, please test your connection." Pandora and VOD work perfectly, all the network settings are fine, including the '-' check and "Web Videos" is set to allowed. I am connected via wirelessly to an AC router with an excellent connection.  I don't see anything in the settings that can be affecting this.

Any suggestions?

I did the 2 red button resets in a 30 minute window a week ago. One day later Pandora came back and is working properly.

I still don't have YouTube. There is a grayed out YouTube icon on the Extras screen and you can select it but when you make any selections you get the "There was a problem connecting to the internet, please test your connection." Pandora and VOD work perfectly, all the network settings are fine, including the '-' check and "Web Videos" is set to allowed. I am connected via wirelessly to an AC router with an excellent connection.  I don't see anything in the settings that can be affecting this.

Any suggestions?

4 of 5 (158 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Oct 4, 2013 12:56:26 PM
(0)
Teacher

Well now 18 days after I did the 2 red button resets in a 30 minute window, I now have YouTube.It wasn't working yesterday; today it is. I have done nothing except for the 2 red button resets 18 days ago. 

5 of 5 (158 Views)
Solution