Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Oct 6, 2013
7:34:46 PM
how long does the genie take to have all search and on demand funtions

We just upgraded to the Genie HR44- 700 and Genie Mini on Friday I realize it can take 24 hours for everything to be updated yet still cannot use the TV Shows or Movies search functions when selected they both give a message that they are updating to check back in 1 hour. It's been 3 days now

Also cannot get HBO Cinemax or Encore on Demand when we try to go to the channels we receive a gray box with the channel number and station (HBO) is currently unavailable.

Every other on Demand Channel is working.

Starting to wish I had not upgraded Smiley Sad

We just upgraded to the Genie HR44- 700 and Genie Mini on Friday I realize it can take 24 hours for everything to be updated yet still cannot use the TV Shows or Movies search functions when selected they both give a message that they are updating to check back in 1 hour. It's been 3 days now

Also cannot get HBO Cinemax or Encore on Demand when we try to go to the channels we receive a gray box with the channel number and station (HBO) is currently unavailable.

Every other on Demand Channel is working.

Starting to wish I had not upgraded Smiley Sad

how long does the genie take to have all search and on demand funtions

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 6, 2013 8:45:35 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

It shouldn't take that long.  You can force the DVR to rebuild its guide data by resetting it twice within 30-min (red button behind front panel access card door).

It shouldn't take that long.  You can force the DVR to rebuild its guide data by resetting it twice within 30-min (red button behind front panel access card door).

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: how long does the genie take to have all search and on demand funtions

2 of 8 (801 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2013 7:18:01 AM
(0)
Employee

Is your HE44 connected to the internet?

Is your HE44 connected to the internet?

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 8 (801 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2013 9:55:22 AM
(0)
Tutor

Yes both the HR44 & the C41 Are connected to the internet (network )

Yes both the HR44 & the C41 Are connected to the internet (network )

4 of 8 (801 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2013 9:56:10 AM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks much I'll try that!

Thanks much I'll try that!

5 of 8 (801 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2013 2:29:37 PM
(0)
Employee
Just to make sure, press the dash (-) on your remote control.  does the pop up message indicates "internet : connected"

if it does, how is is connected to the internet?

what is the full model of the HR44?

Just to make sure, press the dash (-) on your remote control.  does the pop up message indicates "internet : connected"

if it does, how is is connected to the internet?

what is the full model of the HR44?

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

6 of 8 (801 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2013 9:47:45 AM
(0)
Tutor

Reset the box by unplugging for 15mins seems everything is working as it should be. Thanks much for your help

Reset the box by unplugging for 15mins seems everything is working as it should be. Thanks much for your help

7 of 8 (801 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2013 9:50:23 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Great to hear!   Please mark the post with the "Correct Answer" if you would be so kind. Thanks.

Great to hear!   Please mark the post with the "Correct Answer" if you would be so kind. Thanks.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

8 of 8 (801 Views)