Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted May 10, 2013
9:14:01 AM
error message when trying to stream

Error message says... 0033: Customer not authorized for content requested. I have been watching CNN from my work computer daily for 2 weeks. Today this pops up. I have looked through my Direct TV account to see if something has changed. Has anyone received this or any ideas. How crazy.... Its CNN I'm trying to watch not the Playboy channel. Thanks 

Error message says... 0033: Customer not authorized for content requested. I have been watching CNN from my work computer daily for 2 weeks. Today this pops up. I have looked through my Direct TV account to see if something has changed. Has anyone received this or any ideas. How crazy.... Its CNN I'm trying to watch not the Playboy channel. Thanks 

error message when trying to stream

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 10, 2013 10:07:17 AM
(0)
Expert

I assume you are going to www.cnn.com and selecting live TV?  Does the site allow you to sign in using your Directv email and password?  I just tried CNN and it's working fine on my computer.  You might go to www.directv.com/resend, sign in to your account and send a fresh authorization to your receivers.

I assume you are going to www.cnn.com and selecting live TV?  Does the site allow you to sign in using your Directv email and password?  I just tried CNN and it's working fine on my computer.  You might go to www.directv.com/resend, sign in to your account and send a fresh authorization to your receivers.

Re: error message when trying to stream

2 of 8 (1,469 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 10, 2013 10:22:41 AM
(0)
Tutor

Thank you for your reply. Yes I go through CNN.com live TV etc. Always has worked. I did do what you suggested by reauthorizing and I will see what happens. If that does not work I will repost. Maybe I will either way to give an update. Maybe others might benefit. Thank you again

Thank you for your reply. Yes I go through CNN.com live TV etc. Always has worked. I did do what you suggested by reauthorizing and I will see what happens. If that does not work I will repost. Maybe I will either way to give an update. Maybe others might benefit. Thank you again

3 of 8 (1,469 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 10, 2013 10:26:44 AM
(0)
Tutor

0033:The customer is not authorized for the content requested. 

Well it did not work.  I copied and pasted the message. I did wait a while before I retried. Its weird because I can go to FOX live and stream thru Direct TV without a problem. Much rather listen to CNN though. I might have to call Direct TV and see what they know.  Thank you. 

0033:The customer is not authorized for the content requested. 

Well it did not work.  I copied and pasted the message. I did wait a while before I retried. Its weird because I can go to FOX live and stream thru Direct TV without a problem. Much rather listen to CNN though. I might have to call Direct TV and see what they know.  Thank you. 

4 of 8 (1,469 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 10, 2013 10:48:49 AM
(0)
Expert

You might try the CNN link on your home computer to do away with any possibility it's something in the work computer causing the issue.

You might try the CNN link on your home computer to do away with any possibility it's something in the work computer causing the issue.

5 of 8 (1,469 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 10, 2013 11:10:08 AM
(0)
Tutor

I had that same idea. I went to my iphone app that has also worked in the past. I got the same error. Has to be something with direct tv or even cnn but you said you can sign in to cnn. it has to be tied to my account somehow. I will have to call them now...... This is so driving me nuts. 

I had that same idea. I went to my iphone app that has also worked in the past. I got the same error. Has to be something with direct tv or even cnn but you said you can sign in to cnn. it has to be tied to my account somehow. I will have to call them now...... This is so driving me nuts. 

6 of 8 (1,469 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 29, 2013 12:14:42 AM
(0)
Administrator

There are at least four threads on the error 0033 issue, none of which contain even an acknowledgement of the problem, let alone insight into its causes or possible solutions by a DirecTV representative. Looks like we are SOL guys! Cool product. And yeah, im C/Ping this on all of the threads.

There are at least four threads on the error 0033 issue, none of which contain even an acknowledgement of the problem, let alone insight into its causes or possible solutions by a DirecTV representative. Looks like we are SOL guys! Cool product. And yeah, im C/Ping this on all of the threads.

7 of 8 (1,469 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 29, 2013 6:38:27 AM
(0)
Employee

critter6970 wrote:

. And yeah, im C/Ping this on all of the threads.

This is known as "trolling" and yeah, im C/ping on all threads...

critter6970 wrote:

. And yeah, im C/Ping this on all of the threads.

This is known as "trolling" and yeah, im C/ping on all threads...

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

8 of 8 (1,469 Views)